PDA

View Full Version : Models Needed

shadebuj21
08-11-2006, 07:14 AM
Does anyone know where I can find models? Everywhere I look I see Maya and 3D studio. I need a model of a tarantula. I've check the usualy places like turbosquid but they are all for other programs! I don't want an .obj cause I already pruchased one of those and Lightwave had an issue! Please help! :)

T-Light
08-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Could build your own :)
http://www.cosmic-pearl.com/3dLW31.htm

shadebuj21
08-11-2006, 08:00 AM
Hey Brent thanks! (sincerely) I could build my own but I have no time, I really just want to A. find a free one with enough detail I can manipulate the rest or B. Buy one that has everything already detailed!

shadebuj21
08-11-2006, 08:02 AM
Brent,

I found I can download that spider! Thanks! Anyone know of where I can get a tarantula?

T-Light
08-11-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm going entirely of the old noggin' here but I think tarantula is just the name given to the wolf spider that was found near an Italian town of the same/similar name. There was a Ray Mears survival program on recently where He stayed along the Amazon delta for a few days. One of the guys with him took out a knife and picked up the largest, most evil looking eight legged critter I've ever seen. This guy was a naturalist and didn't have a clue what he was looking at. Spider YES, known species, NO.

Essentialy just think of a tarantula as a large spider, I'm no expert, but I'd say reduce the abdomen (rearend) and your good to go. There's hundreds of species of tarantula out there, Only an expert or spider 'anorak' is going to know the difference. :)