PDA

View Full Version : ScreamerNet Problems

zapper1998
08-11-2006, 06:25 AM
LW_9 32 Bit

ScreamerNet Problem, ScreamerNet will not save the animation file.???

I set up a scene, to save it as a .mov QT file, and save the RGBA images, it saves the RGBA's images fine.

But no .MOV file is saved...

Also when I reload the scene, the save animation check box is not checked.

What up with that???

Any Ideas ?????

ChrisPitts
08-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Unfortunately, Screamernet can't save animations. However, you can run the image sequence back through the renderer as an animated background in an empty scene, if you don't have any other program that can redo the animation for you.

zapper1998
08-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Unfortunately, Screamernet can't save animations. However, you can run the image sequence back through the renderer as an animated background in an empty scene, if you don't have any other program that can redo the animation for you.

What program(s), would take the image sequence and convert it to say, QuickTime format??

Michael

bryphi7
08-11-2006, 06:15 PM
There is many, but I use After Effects...

Scazzino
08-11-2006, 08:57 PM
What program(s), would take the image sequence and convert it to say, QuickTime format??

Michael

You can use Lightwave itself if you like. Just set the background image to be the rendered image sequence and render that directly in Lightwave to a QuickTime movie. You could also just use QuickTime Pro if you have that...

stib
08-12-2006, 02:34 PM
For making Quicktimes you can use, believe it or not, Quicktime. The Pro version of Quicktime will allow you to stitch together image sequences, add and extract tracks and do basic editing, as well as letting you export to any size and format. At around thirty bucks it's several orders of magnitude cheaper than After effects too.

paulhart
08-12-2006, 02:42 PM
If you got the upgrade deal with DFX+4, I use it all the time to comp together render sequence of files. It is the preferred way to generate sequences as you can create different sets of frames as the need changes, then re-render in DFX+4. Also a great saver of time on a renderfarm using Amleto to create the frames. While Lightwave can do this as noted above, DFX+4 has a lot more options, and I like it better than AE any day.
Paul

zapper1998
08-15-2006, 05:33 AM
If you got the upgrade deal with DFX+4, I use it all the time to comp together render sequence of files. It is the preferred way to generate sequences as you can create different sets of frames as the need changes, then re-render in DFX+4. Also a great saver of time on a renderfarm using Amleto to create the frames. While Lightwave can do this as noted above, DFX+4 has a lot more options, and I like it better than AE any day.
Paul

WOW, I forgot I had DFX-4, When I upgraded to LW8, they gave us DFX-4, wow, oh daa, bought Quicktime, oh daaa,

Now were did I put that DFX-4 Program...?????

I do Have A question???

I have a plugin "SimbiontLW" and I can not get it to render on the other nodes,
The host renders the images fine, the nodes images come up with "X's" on them,
The SimbiontLW plugin has a config file,
I did the load plugin's from the Network Drive "\\64bitlightwave\S_Net_LW8_32\DarkSim\SimbiontLW\P lugin_LW7"
Which is in the Lightwave root..
what do you do to a plug that has it's own Config file...and LogFile....

Michael