PDA

View Full Version : LW9 Manuals

dgon64
08-10-2006, 03:21 PM
I just got my hard copy of LW9 with manuals from Safe Harbor-Thanks! The box sure was a lot smaller than the full 8 version but I wanted to compliment Newtek on the manuals this time-real softcover books! These will be much easier to reference than the monstrosity that is the LW8 manual-plus the pages won't tear out as easily. They seem to cover the same material as the electronic versions so nothing really lost if you don't get the manuals. I just find it easier to read from a book than a computer screen especially when your screens are filled to the max with viewports, panels and such. I really like these books so please Newtek-no more loose-leaf binders. Thanks again!

StevenDS
08-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Have other people started receiving their hardcopy manuals and disks?
I purchased my LW9 through newtek but haven't gotten any email notices or mailings about delivery yet.

Just curious,
-Steven

Intuition
08-10-2006, 05:50 PM
I haven't recieved mine yet and I ordered in Febuary 06. I think that I won't have to worry though since I recently saw a pic of a factory full of LW boxes.

;)

mjcrawford
08-10-2006, 06:37 PM
I am waiting as well...

dgon64
08-10-2006, 07:11 PM
I didn't mean to start the wondering as I pre-purchased when the offer was first made so I would assume that hard copies are being sent out based on earlier order date-but then again I'm just speculating. I was just thrilled to see the new books-hope you get yours soon though the electronic downloads have everything this box has. BTW very nice shade of burnt red? and box design. Back to blue for 10 or time for suggestions?

Gaze
08-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Got an email saying SH needs to charge another $13 shipping to send the disks (no manual). This is on top of the shipping from when I ordered Aug '05.

Anyway, should be just a few more days now. :lwicon:

KSTAR
08-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Got an email saying SH needs to charge another $13 shipping to send the disks (no manual). This is on top of the shipping from when I ordered Aug '05.

Anyway, should be just a few more days now. :lwicon:

Same here I got the notice that my order has already shipped. I also didn't order the manuals now I'm wishing I did :bangwall: My understanding is it will be a few weeks before I can because of all of the back orders for those who did purchase manuals has to be filled

RudySchneider
08-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Got mine!

KSTAR
08-10-2006, 09:08 PM
How are they? When I originally saw they were bound I thought they may suffer the same fate as the LW7 manuals and fall apart. So I opted to print the full color versions and put them in a 3 ring binder. Fortuneately I have a connection at a print bureau :thumbsup: I have heard though that these manuals are constructed better than the LW7 manuals so Im considering making the purchase.

Are they in color, or is there a small color section like in the old 4.0 manuals?

Silkrooster
08-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Ah, you lucky buzzards.:D
Silk

RudySchneider
08-10-2006, 09:32 PM
No color. At all. Quite a bit of info, and appear to be more informative --- especially the Surfacing & Rendering volume --- and a bit less repititive than the (digital) manuals I have for 8.5. Fairly well bound, though I will say the pages appear to be the type that can become dog-earred without too much use.

Gaze
08-10-2006, 11:02 PM
A long while back I decided if I came across a clearance or something on a color inkjet printer, I would buy it along with cheapo refill ink cartridge and print out the LW[9] manual in color once it became available.

So Target had a HP for like $49 (can't remember) and also came with a freebie crosscut shredder. Say what? Yeah, so printer is still in the box awaiting the .PDF.

Color manual plus protect from identity theft :D

Oh yeah, gotta remember paper...

archiea
08-10-2006, 11:13 PM
A long while back I decided if I came across a clearance or something on a color inkjet printer, I would buy it along with cheapo refill ink cartridge and print out the LW[9] manual in color once it became available.

So Target had a HP for like $49 (can't remember) and also came with a freebie crosscut shredder. Say what? Yeah, so printer is still in the box awaiting the .PDF.

Color manual plus protect from identity theft :D

Oh yeah, gotta remember paper...

too funny butyou have a point there... Also I find that having a hardcopy tends to help with... digestion...

I ordered my from Kurv back in december.. still nothing..

Tzan
08-11-2006, 10:24 AM
I got the email from Newtek on 8 / 3 with tracking number.
Got the box yesterday 8 / 10 right on schedule :)

mjcrawford
08-11-2006, 11:14 AM
:cry: still waiting... :cursin:

Anunnaki
08-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Curious, wonder if everyone who ordered LW9 with the printed manuals could post when they placed their order and when it was received.

Vincent D. Brumback