PDA

View Full Version : A few things to improve workflow ...

Thomas M.
08-10-2006, 04:28 AM
Some of them might be bugs, but never mind. Things should change for good. Please feel free to add things on this list.

Working in the node editor:

If I double click on a node which is already open, I won't be transported to the foreground (it's hidden behind other open windows). Instead I have to move other windows away to be able to make changes.

If I want to save a surface preset while in an open node editor window I usually double-click on the Surface editor button in my menu. First click hides it (can't see it because it's hidden behind other stuff), second click brings it back as the top floting window. But the surface which I edit momentarily is not the active surface in the list of the surface editor. Actually it's always the first surface of all in the list. So I always have to pick the surface which I edit already in order to be able to save it.

If I save a surface preset (.srf), why doesn't it show the surface name as the filename I need for saving? So it's always typing in or copying the name for the file.

When using a color node and you are changing hue, it doesn't stop you from going from 256 to 0, but you can't move the 0 border in the other direction, from 0 to 256. This sucks if you want to change something quickly in the high 250s and you are traveling a bit to far with the mouse on your mousepad. So you need to go from 0 to 250 something again and again ...

Nothing which really hurts in terms of crashes, but life could be a bit easier if things could be changed.

Cheers
Thomas

Weepul
08-10-2006, 05:18 AM
If I double click on a node which is already open, I won't be transported to the foreground (it's hidden behind other open windows). Instead I have to move other windows away to be able to make changes.
That one sounds like a bug because it works as you'd like in the Mac version.