PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer VFX Shot

terrance
08-10-2006, 02:11 AM
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but what I am looking for is someone who would be interested in working on a CG VisFX Shot for an independently produced pilot for an Australian children's television show.

The shot would require a highly detailed dinosaur chasing the character that has been shot running through a large gully in the mountains. It will be used as a 3-5 second shot for the opening title sequence of the show.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to contact myself at [email protected]

Thank You.

BazC
08-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Sounds like an interesting project! I'd just like to clarify the working situation though, when you say "Volunteer VFX shot" I presume the artist won't be paid until you've sold the show, right? What about after?

I'm sure this doesn't apply to you but you'd be amazed at how many people come here expecting to make a fast buck by getting struggling CG artists to work for free! :D

terrance
08-10-2006, 03:36 AM
I understand, it's a good question to ask. ABC saw the feature film entitled "In Hope's Arms" and was very impressed after it's premiere in Brisbane. A pilot was funded and to be produced independently. We are now about to enter our 5th of shooting and things are really taking shape, it's a fantastic concept and a great cast and crew to be working with.

So the work on the pilot will be unpaid, but once it has been assessed and if the show is picked up for a 13 episode first season, those who we worked with will have the ability to come onboard with us on the show - at that point all will be paid at the award rate for their work.

We have all sign a deferal's agreement, in the case the pilot itself is aired also prior to the commencement of the show's first season.

Hope that answers your question :)

BazC
08-10-2006, 03:48 AM
It does, thanks very much!

terrance
08-10-2006, 03:50 AM
no problems.