PDA

View Full Version : Modeler 'internal error'

csoars
08-10-2006, 01:58 AM
Hi all - I have just bought Lightwave 3d version 9 and installed it. But the Modeler will not open. I get an error "Internal error - RNBO[30] Notify tech suport" Anyone seen this before? My layout works.

Apreciate any help

connerh
08-10-2006, 10:13 AM
I've never seen it before... but I'd suggest you follow the errors suggestion and notify Lightwaves customer support.

Jbucaro
08-10-2006, 05:55 PM
I also have the same problem
I email support but so far no response
Any ideas?

csoars
08-10-2006, 06:11 PM
I have sent an email to suport but nothing back yet... I have also spend nearly six hours trying to fix it - reloading etc.

And I am asking myself why I swaped from Autodesk to Newtek - after all it ran like a dream and there was no $%$# dongle

connerh
08-10-2006, 06:28 PM
What happens when you try to run it without the dongle?

Jbucaro
08-10-2006, 06:31 PM
I just tried it without the dongle and it works. But then Layout is asking for the dongle.
I re-input the License Key and if I have the dongle then Modeler does not work.

Thank you

abgrafx3d
08-10-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm also having the same problem. Modeler and Layout both run without the dongle but in discovery mode. I'm running in Win XP X64 and have installed the sentinel 64-bit driver. I'm going to try to uninstall the 64-bit driver and install the 32-bit driver instead. I have also sent an email to customer support but no reply yet as well.

csoars
08-10-2006, 07:53 PM
I will try these things when I get home tonight (I am at work now) Will post anything I find out to try and help anyone else in the same situation.

mgales
08-10-2006, 09:15 PM
I've been in contact with Tech Support every day since Monday for the same problem you're experiencing. When I talked with them today [8-10-06], they said they have been able to reproduce the problem and are working on a solution. They're taking names & email addresses of people who call in (210-341-8444) and have promised to notify them via email when a fix is available. Below is a copy of an email I received earlier in the week with a fix that supposedly worked for some folks, but not me.

Maybe it will work for you.

All the best.

================================================== =======
On [8-8-06], Gildardo S Triana <[email protected]> wrote:

Try disabling the hub and see if modeler will open. As follows:

RIGHT-CLICK on your MODELER SHORTCUT and goto PROPERTIES
Find the TARGET field it should look something like this:
C:\Program File\Newtek\LightWave\Modeler.exe

goto the end of the target and add a SPACE and a value of -0 like this:

C:\Program File\Newtek\LightWave\Modeler.exe -0

click apply at the bottom and close the panel. Now try using this modified shortcut to launch the program.
NOTE:If the target field is enclosed in quotation marks put the space and the minus zero outside the quotes.

If the program begins to run after this you will want to check your security settings to make sure that:
modeler.exe
hub.exe
lightwave.exe

are not being blocked.

-Gil
NewTek - Technical Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

At 09:22 AM [8-7-2006] -0500, you wrote:

Submitted On: Friday 04th of August 2006 09:37:22 PM

--Reported Problem------------------------
Issue:
If I launch Modeler with the dongle installed, I'm getting a pop-up box that says "Internal Error RNBO[30]=0 Notify Technical Support!". If I click in the black portion of the pop-up box, Modeler comes part way up but the 3 gridded view panels are colored red and I get another pop-up, same message but with [31] instead of [30].

If I launch the program with the dongle removed, it comes all the way up in (Win32) Discovery Edition.

Layout comes up just fine with the dongle in place.

Thank you,

jbingaman
08-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Have the same issue. Tried the target option (above) with no luck. Support said to watch the site for the fix. Till then, have to run modeler in discovery (sigh)

ChrisPitts
08-11-2006, 09:45 AM
This is indeed a known issue. It's currently being worked on. I don't have specifics on ETA for a fix, or how it will be distributed, but I wanted to pop in and give what info I can share at the moment.

In the mean time, I know it's not much of a help, but you can run modeler in discovery mode, and at least get a little modeling done. Fortunately, Layout works fine with the dongle, so you can have full animating and rendering functionality until we can send out a fix.

drolander
08-12-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. I just bought Lightwave and this is a bit depressing.

csoars
08-13-2006, 04:21 AM
We I can run it in discovery mode which is incredibly boring - I have re installed Studio Max which (given my current problems) is better.

Chris - how do we know when a fix is found? Where do we look for this type of thing?

ChrisPitts
08-14-2006, 08:49 AM
We I can run it in discovery mode which is incredibly boring - I have re installed Studio Max which (given my current problems) is better.

Chris - how do we know when a fix is found? Where do we look for this type of thing?

I can't say for certain, what form the fix will take. It will probably be a patch. If that's the case, it will be distributed by the normal means, and announced thoroughly enough that everyone should know it's there.

Stick to these forums, and to the NewTek and Lightwave websites.

drolander
08-14-2006, 09:25 AM
I hope it's your company's highest priority. It makes the product unuseable, and I can't believe it even shipped like that.

csoars
08-15-2006, 04:05 AM
Thanks Chris - I will keep an eager eye out for it but I agree with drolander - I hope this is your top priority. (if I bought a car that wouldn't get out of second gear I would take hte manufacturer to court... :-))

dterrell13
08-15-2006, 10:06 AM
thanks Chris. i will keep an eye out for it. i appreciate you popping in and letting us know.

ChrisPitts
08-15-2006, 10:55 AM
thanks Chris. i will keep an eye out for it. i appreciate you popping in and letting us know.

No problem. I'm a customer, too, on occasion. It can be disappointing to have something go wrong with a product, but it can be made much worse when the company just clams up. I'm happy I work for a company that is not like that. :thumbsup:

abgrafx3d
08-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the info Chris - i'll be watching for the update too :)

shrox
08-15-2006, 02:47 PM
I can't say for certain, what form the fix will take. It will probably be a patch. If that's the case, it will be distributed by the normal means, and announced thoroughly enough that everyone should know it's there.

Stick to these forums, and to the NewTek and Lightwave websites.

Do you think the fix will be out by the end of the week?

ChrisPitts
08-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Do you think the fix will be out by the end of the week?

That's a tough question to answer. I can think all I want, but it won't necessarily make anything happen. :oye:

What I do know, it that we want to get out a fix as soon as is humanly possible. I know the generic answer kinda sucks at this point, but hopefully it won't be too long before I can stop giving it. :)

jbingaman
08-15-2006, 07:25 PM
It's cool Chris. We know you're scrambling to fix it and some of us have been there. Where do we send sympathy cards? I can imagine what the meeting must have been like!

Some of the grief could be from those who don't have access to older versions for the modeling though. I'm working on stuff that was created before I got involved, so I'm not doing any modeling right now - but would the dongle work on 8.5's modeler?

J

csoars
08-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi Chris - I know you are working on this and look forward to seeing a fix soon. Appreciate your openness here

Unfortunately I don't have an earlier version - thus my miffness (new word?) and I got it as a gift for my son's birthday which doubles the disapointment.

drolander
08-16-2006, 04:47 AM
I'm trying to be patient, but it's not easy having spent a considerable amount of money (for me anyway) on a software tool that doesn't work.

And no, I don't have an earlier version I can use.

ChrisPitts
08-16-2006, 08:58 AM
Yeah. Most of the people having the problem are first time users. All the more reason for us to burn the midnight oil on a fix.:compbeati

Elowan
08-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Gee. I can't tell you how glad I am that I upgraded to 8 - found it sucked and then fell into the same 'trap' by upgrading to 9 which now doesn't like the dongle. 800+ bucks p***ed away. Yawsuh!!

Fortunately 7.5 runs just fine.

shrox
08-17-2006, 08:39 AM
After getting my new employer to buy Lightwave over 3DMax, this problem is not making me look real good...

drolander
08-17-2006, 08:53 AM
I would like to see some specific information from development on this problem, like what the cause of the problem is, what's being done about it, and how long we'll have to wait for a fix. I'm not going to wait forever. At some point I'm going to ask for a refund and get something else.

ChrisPitts
08-17-2006, 03:09 PM
I would like to see some specific information from development on this problem, like what the cause of the problem is, what's being done about it, and how long we'll have to wait for a fix. I'm not going to wait forever. At some point I'm going to ask for a refund and get something else.

I can say that we're closer to a fix. We're not ready to release specifics, and I doubt specifics on the technical aspects of the problem are going to be released, for obvious reasons.

At this point, while information and knowledge of the problem can be important to aleviating tension (thus the reason I'm here), the solution itsself is much more important to that end. On that note, expect to see a fix posted/announced sooner, rather than later.

Elowan, there's s fine line between constructively airing your grievances, and inciting dissention. Please refrain from making derrogatory remarks. I completely understand your frustration, but let's keep it constructive, before Chuck has to come in and start moderating. The coversation's been healthy so far. I'd like to keep it that way.

On a final note, if you have any questions, shoot me an E-mail at [email protected] Again, I'm happy to answer anything I can. Thanks to everyone for your cooperation in this matter. With luck, this will be over quite soon.

Elowan
08-17-2006, 03:39 PM

Elowan, there's s fine line between constructively airing your grievances, and inciting dissention. Please refrain from making derrogatory remarks. I completely understand your frustration, but let's keep it constructive, before Chuck has to come in and start moderating. The coversation's been healthy so far. I'd like to keep it that way.

I'll take the hit but a reading of the thread tends to make me think I was beaten to it. Regardless - I haven't given up on LW but miffed? Yes and rightly so.:bowdown: :tongue:

I'm glad a fix is imminent.:thumbsup:

dbond15
08-17-2006, 11:30 PM
any updates on the fix?

drolander
08-18-2006, 10:13 AM

Chrusion
08-30-2006, 09:20 AM
It's been nearly TWO WEEKS since this discussion ended without any conclusion to the matter of fixing the Modeler Internal Error RNBO[30].

Chris, what is the status? We have an eductional institution to run and LW install was the last thing on the list of extensive lab upgrades to do. Need Modeler working ASAP... assignments pending.

jbingaman
08-30-2006, 09:33 AM
I just saw this msg and talked to NT. Talked to support, emailed my info to them, and said they would try to get my new dongle and a cd out today.

Jay

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56138

Chrusion
08-30-2006, 10:10 AM
So, that's the final fix... to return all our red dongles for new ones, and then go thru the whole register thing to get new license keys all over again?

dterrell13
09-15-2006, 03:19 PM
any news on a fix for the red dongle woes? just wondering. all the modelling i am doing is over 400 points, so i can't save in Discovery mode in Modeler.

Phil
09-15-2006, 04:57 PM
You have to call customer support or your dealer, I believe. The red dongles seem to be getting replaced for ones that work. Sucks, but that's the solution insofar as I am aware of it.

jbingaman
09-15-2006, 10:29 PM
That's correct, the red dongles are being replaced by correctly coded ones. Call your dealer or TECH support on monday (sorry, just getting tonight and saw this) and let them know you're getting the rnb00 (rainbow) errors. They will issue an RMA number and send the new dongle.

Once you get the number, call CUSTOMER support to register your new dongle (have your lock ID ready by opening modeling w/ the new dongle).

Once your new dongle is registered, send the old one back with a note that it's related to the rainbow errors.

Jay

dterrell13
09-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Thank you for the info guys. I am on hold with Newtek right now so I can get my new dongle and get cracking on Lightwave. Thank you again.