PDA

View Full Version : Wireframe Playback

jonmalexander
08-09-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm not sure how this happened, but after I deleted my preference files and had my Lightwave default back to it's original preferences, now I can't get my scenes to playback in wireframe. Now when I press play, my object go into bounding box mode. This scene is not very complex and I'm running a really good system here. And they played just fine before.

Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing that will make things play in wireframe? Thanks!

--Jonathan

ChrisPitts
08-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Bounding Box Threshhold can be adjusted in the display properties.

jonmalexander
08-09-2006, 04:09 PM
I thought that had something to do with it, now what exactly am I changing when I fiddle with that setting? I have bumped it up to 12,000 and still no change, do I have to set it to some outrageous number? Thanks for the help by the way.

--Jonathan

ChrisPitts
08-10-2006, 08:34 AM
The interface will display any number of objects or object layers in the scene until the total scene is displaying the number of polys represented in the bounding box threshhold. Anything above that threshhold will display as a bounding box.

You can set it to just about anything you like. I've set it to 1,000,000 before, just to see how my entire scene would perform. The drawback is, you only get as much performance as your system can give out.

What most people will do, is generate a preview of the scene, then use the preview playback to get an idea of how it will look, without having to worry about bounding boxes.