PDA

View Full Version : !Call for help! LW + fprime deformations

flakester
08-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Howdy all.

First off, my apologies if this has been answered anywhere else - I did search, but there may be a hidden vault of some kind harbouring precious answers that I just can't find!

I am doing some animation in LW and would love to render the finals for comping through fprime (radiosity looks good in less time.... blah ... blah)...
But, fprime is not picking up the bone-driven deformations in my scene geometry correctly, if at all.

All deforming objects are set to 'after motion' and I've even slapped on the fprime trigger plugin just in case - but to no avail.

Anybody out in the community got any pearls of wisdom that they could throw this way before I even think about getting in touch with the great Mr Worley?
LW 8.5 + fprime 2.1 on x86.

Would appreciate any pointers at all.

Cheers,

flakester.

Bog
08-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Object Properties > Deformations Tab > Add Plugin > FPrime

Ignore the "Not needed in 8.2+!" line, because that's an Untruth.

*edit* OOops, sorry, didn't read your post fully before typing, shame on me.

I had this happen with a morph-driven render week before last, quite irritating. Erm.

*think*

I'll get back to you. Have you saved the scene/objects with the FPrime Trigger applied?

flakester
08-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Cheers Bog.

Yeah, fresh scene saved with the trigger. Even went down the reboot road to see if it cleared owt, but no joy.

I'm toying with the idea of going down the 'baking' (MD_Scan - MD_Plug)route, but as much as I never really moan about stuff, I still figure that I shouldn't have to!

Cheers for the thoughts fella!

flakester.