PDA

View Full Version : Question about DFX+ deal with modules

Philipp
06-05-2003, 03:06 AM
Hi there,

I was just wondering, do I have some sort of color correction in the base DFX+ with the modules 1 and 4 as offered right now?? Or is there not even the most basic capability of doing some color tweaks.

I have the downloaded the demo version, but this one comes with all modules doesn't it?

Azod
06-05-2003, 09:03 AM
You do have some color correcting functionality in this bundle yet the full CC capabilities exist in Module 2, which is not included in this package, yet easily upgradeable.

The basic functionality, in terms of color correction in DFX+ include a color gain and brightness contrast tools. These will allow you to adjust saturation, gain etc. but doesn't offer the full correction capabilities you would get in Mod 2.

Module 2 is $US 495.00 if you are interested. Simply email [email protected] and they'll help you out.

The Modules included in the deal are Mods 1 and 4.

Module 1 Visual Effects

Tracker
Stabilize and Camera Perspective
Expressions
Letterbox and Camera Shake

Module 4 3D Tools

3D Z-depth blur
Grid Warping
Shader
For 3D and Texture 3D

If you need any more information about DFX+ please visit our website.

www.eyeonline.com

Cheers,

Adam

Adam Zolis
Director of Public Relations
eyeon Software

Philipp
06-05-2003, 03:55 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. This is in fact good news, as some rudimental basic color corection is very appreciated, so I can really use DFX+ without having to buy alle the modules at once.

Problem is, I am still pending between Combustion and DFX+. Unfortunately DFX+ with all the modules is a lot more expensive than combustion (1200 Euro) which in addition also has 16 bit.
Do you have some sort of pros and cons you could share??
I'll still buy the LW8 upgrade with DFX+ but a comparison would be a great help for the futur.

Best regards

Philipp