PDA

View Full Version : Is there a limit on the number of Hypervoxel particles in a scene?

Scott Gammans
08-06-2006, 09:57 AM
I am having the worst time with Hypervoxels in LW9. I'm using them to simulate asteroids floating through space, and I'm using seperate LightWave object files for the "hero" asteroids that will be individually rotated and moved along their own flight paths. I was doing fine with the first three asteroids I added to my scene, but I'm adding a fourth one now and the HyperVoxels plugin refuses to recognize this fourth LightWave object. I can't see the particles in Layout preview, and I can't see the particles when I render the scene.

Any suggestions??

IRML
08-08-2006, 06:28 AM
I haven't replicated this in 9 yet, but I used to get it in 8 all the time, too many particles and LW would just ignore hypervoxels altogether, I wouldn't be able to see any voxels when I rendered the scene, and reducing the amount of particles wouldn't help either, I'd have to reduce and then restart before I could get HVs to render again, quite annoying

Scott Gammans
08-08-2006, 12:30 PM
It seems that the problem was a corrupt *.lwo file. Whenever I tried to add the file (which had 252 points in it) and activate it in the HV 3.0 plugin, the plugin would report that there was ONE particle. Very strange.