PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Modifier

Ivan_B
08-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Hi there..
I am using the sticky modifier (LW9) to have a character run over the top of a corrigated surface..The character has md plug motion, all is working fine until i tick "Align to mesh and velocity" it aligns it, however it spins my object around 180*, so that it is running backwards..Is this a bug, or have I done something wrong?
Ivan.

connerh
08-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Your object has to be facing in the negative z direction for it to align correctly. It should address this in the manual.

Ivan_B
08-16-2006, 03:32 AM
Hey there..
Thanks but cant seem to find ANYTHING on sticky in any of the manuals (PDF) i'll give it another go..Everything was created facing -z.. It works correctly until you turn on the md plug motion file..then it spins..Oh well never mind, I found a way to work around it (so i wouldnt have to redo eveything)..What I did was added a null, added sticky to that, and parented the object to the null, enabled "align to mesh and velocity" it spun around again, but I corrected the model and it worked fine..Looks cool! Actually it gives you the ability to position your object on top of the surface more precisely.
Oh and just another question if I can..how do you make a box morph into a perfect sphere?