PDA

View Full Version : Reload plug-ins in LW9??

trang
08-05-2006, 02:52 PM
hi,
iym rhinking of getting lw9. i'm on lw8.5 now

after installing LW9, do u have to reload all the plugins in modeler and layout so all new commands will show up?

any other advise??

thanks,

Ramon
08-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Hmm, funny, I was checking this site for that as well.

Ramon
08-05-2006, 04:42 PM
You need to start with fresh configuration files and you need to add all plug-ins again and set up any menu configurations that you might have in LW8.5. At least this will ensure that LW9 works as flawlessly as possible.

Thanks! Question; you said "fresh config files" by this you mean tossing the ones LW9 created on install?
Also, these config files for 9 won't mess up my configs for 8.5 if deleted? I assume 8.5's are seperate.
Are the configs located under documents and settings?
Thanks

Ramon
08-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the reply and info.

Simon
08-05-2006, 06:10 PM
A feature I like is that LW9 scans your plugins folder automatically - you don't need to add new plugins when you start it up. When I went from 8 to 9 I just copied over a folder I had in LW8 called 'my plugins' over to LW9, start up and you're ready to go.

Rather than try and use LW8 configs (not recommended) I opened the config file with notepad and copy/pasted the part that I had set up for a tab I had made 'my tab' and stuck it in the LW9 config, worked fine. When you are up and running with LW9 it is easy to set up tabs as you can import/export sections of the interface.

Simon.

Ramon
08-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Nice! Thanks for the info on that :thumbsup: That certainly makes things a bit quicker if you spent some time getting your tab setup just right.