PDA

View Full Version : Got some easy questions =)

VargTass
08-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Hey there!

Ok ill go right to it:

1.What app is the best to make animated pictures i can use on my models and please it should be good quality so no gif's and it shouldent be more files like if i use Flash and export movie i get more files then just 1.

2.How are they making those magic spells effects for games ? is it just alpha mapped pictures that are animed?

3. And most important. Iv seen tutorial movies there the user can like if we say a head he can model one side but the other side of it shapes as well after the other one... like in 3D MAX

Thats all for now =) THX

klanderud
08-05-2006, 09:07 AM
1. I’m not sure what you are asking? :confused: Is it presenting or rendering or animating?

For presenting it depends, I would use the following:
Most commonly used application would be After Effects and Flash. Flash if it is interactive and After Effects if it is just a movie file.
Fastest method of compositing for its value would be Fusion.

Animating in any package your files are all over the place, just the final render is a movie file.

If you are compositing within Flash I would use rendered png files, but I had problems using png for final avi export in Flash MX not sure about the newer Flash version.

2. Yes, it is best to render out with a format like png and not gif so you can have quality transparency. If your looking for an easy way of creating fast 2D effects get Wondertouch.

3. Almost any program does mirror editing like Maya, Max and Lightwave. Lightwave is the more bang for your bucks and is a very powerful tool. I would get Zbrush if your looking for adding detail, that also does mirror editing as well as radial editing.