PDA

View Full Version : Weird Crash

avkills
08-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Perspective Camera causing G4 laptop to crash. Scene works fine on G5 at home; crashes the minute I open on G4. If I load scene items into a non-perspective camera scene, objects and images load fine.

-mark

Chilton
08-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Perspective Camera causing G4 laptop to crash. Scene works fine on G5 at home; crashes the minute I open on G4. If I load scene items into a non-perspective camera scene, objects and images load fine.

-mark

Hi Mark,

Is this on any object with the perspective camera? If not, please send me an object you're having crashes on.

( [email protected] )

-Chilton

avkills
08-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Chilton,

It is strange. I can have no objects open and just change the camera from any of the others to perspective and it will crash. I sent you the crash log from my G4, I hope it helps. BTW I did a complete clean install and I also did a clean install on another G4 Laptop with the same results. Both systems have complete up to date versions of OS X.

One thing about my install which is non-standard is that I have my normal day to day user on another partition; however this does not seem to pose any problems for the G5.

Are there any permission requests that could be causing it?

-mark

avkills
08-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Chilton,

I just made some permission changes to the Newtek folder + contents and that seemed to clear the problem up! :D I should have thought of that. There is a good chance I did that on my G5 come to think of it.

-mark