PDA

View Full Version : Plugin List for LW?

GandB
08-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Sorry to bother everybody, but is there a list (official or otherwise) somewhere out there that contains most (if not all) of the working plugins for LW? I understand if some haven't been converted for use with V9 yet. I see quite a few plugin names being tossed around, but have little or no idea as to their use. Thanks.

-Keith

GandB
08-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Wow, I see what you mean. Thanks, that should take me awhile to get through those; that was pretty much what I was looking for, a starting point.

-Keith

paulhart
08-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Perhaps more useful for Lightwave 9 users would be a confirmed list of the plugins that did not make it successfully into 9, and are now broken, awaiting a fix by their developers. I have seen bits and pieces on other postings, getting it all together would be helpful.
Paul

GandB
08-04-2006, 02:09 PM
I've seen that Rope Editor talked about here before, it looks like something I'll be getting eventually. There's a few from the Worley site I'll be getting as well. Most of those won't be relevant to actual gameplay, but for cutscenes and cover art they look to be invaluable.

I'll have to keep an eye out for developer's comments on V9, concerning each plugin.

-Keith

Dodgy
08-04-2006, 03:37 PM
There are a lot of really useful plugins which are free which you should look at first. Flay.com is great because it's one of the few places which has a filter to only show you free plugins, which I haven't seen on many other plugin web sites.

hrgiger
08-04-2006, 03:43 PM
As far as plug-ins that don't seem to work in 9 is one of my favorites JettoBevel. A free plug-in for interactive beveling, it's completely useless in 9.:thumbsdow

GandB
08-04-2006, 03:50 PM
I'll have to take a part of an afternoon and go through the list at Flay.com. It looks to be quite extensive.

-Keith

colkai
08-07-2006, 04:31 AM
Hehe, extensive in the way Claudia Schiffer is kinda good looking. ;)

I own a (very) few commercial plugins, the rest are free ones downloaded from Flay, I think, at last check, there were over 800 in my config hehe...

jdomingo
08-07-2006, 05:23 AM
hello to all,

does anyone knows a plugin like "billboard". I mean that the object faces the camera where ever the camera goes? It is for my entourages for people and trees with alpha channel. thanks