PDA

View Full Version : Photo question for TEd Use

stoolpigeon
06-04-2003, 09:52 PM
I'm using photos in a video. Some of these are taken with a digital camera and transferred digitally to my computer. Other pics are scanned.

ALL pics brought into toaster edit are not at the correct aspect ratio. All the pics make the people in them look skinny, and I must turn the ratio OFF and then stretch the pics to make them look correct.

When viewing the pics with windows software or any paint program, they are the correct size, and people do not look skinny.

Is there an easy way to fix this problem with TEd? I have tried lots of combinations, but the only one that seems to work it to manually increase each ones width.

Thanks,
Chad Jenkins

Keith Gandy
06-04-2003, 11:40 PM
Under preferences (accessed with mouse click at the top of the screen) you will change the setting for "scale". Since I'm not in front of the toaster I don't have the exact wording, but you don't want images to be scaled to the toaster frame settings.

Individual pictures can then be manually scaled via the edit panel > position.

Danner
06-05-2003, 12:18 AM
Computer monitor pixels are square, and video pixels are rectangular, so when you send to a video monitor a scanned image or something done in a paint package, it will look wrong.

You can set aura to display the correct aspect ratio for video on the computer monitor.

Scott Bates
06-05-2003, 08:45 AM
Like Danner said :)
Scan the photos at 720x540 then reduce the width by 10% to get 720x486 for video. The width of the digital stills likewise need to be reduced. You can use something like PhotoShop to batch them or a nice shareware program to do it (and much more) is IrfanView (http://www.irfanview.com/) .