PDA

View Full Version : Vue 6 special upgrade deal?

3dworks
08-03-2006, 08:29 AM
Now that Vue 6 is out (and looks pretty promising!), will there be a special upgrade deal for all LW users which got it bundeled when upgrading to release 9?

Markus

stevecullum
08-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Looks good doesn't it! :)

I would like to upgrade to Vue 6 Infinite+Xstream, but that doesn't seem to be on offer together :(

I wonder if they have fixed the scaling issues that were a complete PITA to deal with when syncing...?

Darth Mole
08-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Have you seen the new V6 demo reel?!? Mind blowing. Absolutely stunning...

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_6/

Though I wonder how loing it took to model/animate/render?

Wonderpup
08-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah, if they were selling demo reels they'd be the most impressive company out there. Vue is basicly a toy, as far as I'm concerned- I dare not use it for any real world work- it's just too flakey. Good for skys and exporting trees though.

tonybliss
08-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah, if they were selling demo reels they'd be the most impressive company out there. Vue is basicly a toy, as far as I'm concerned- I dare not use it for any real world work- it's just too flakey. Good for skys and exporting trees though.

Then ILM uses toys, and I make money with toys
Maybe tomorrow I will buy a Barbie or a GI JOE and become a multimillionare :grumpy: :devil:
baka buta

Wonderpup
08-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Sadly most people don't have the resources of ILM to hand. I think the demo reels EON put out look great too- but Vue is simply not practical to use for a single person - I'm talking animations here, not stills- the render times to get decent results are absurd. The Vue synch plugin is crap and the import capabilites are also crap. Apart from that it works really well.

tonybliss
08-03-2006, 02:24 PM
I agree for the most part of it.
Sorry ... I just never miss the oppurtunity to be mean. My stoic english blood preceeds me :)

martinrandle
08-03-2006, 03:28 PM
I wonder if this applies to us bundlers:

If you buy any of the Vue 5 Products now*, you will receive your free upgrade to the corresponding Vue 6 product when it is released (download version, node-locked). Click here for more info on Vue 5 Infinite and Vue 5 xStream Bundle.

* Applicable to all products purchased after July 1, 2006.
Products purchased after June 1, 2006 will receive a "Late Buyer" upgrade fee.

3dworks
08-03-2006, 03:47 PM
I wonder if this applies to us bundlers:

If you buy any of the Vue 5 Products now*, you will receive your free upgrade to the corresponding Vue 6 product when it is released (download version, node-locked). Click here for more info on Vue 5 Infinite and Vue 5 xStream Bundle.

* Applicable to all products purchased after July 1, 2006.
Products purchased after June 1, 2006 will receive a "Late Buyer" upgrade fee.

is the vue deal for upgrading to LW9 still valid? i guess not...
what i asked for was if maybe newtek can offer us a special upgrade price to vue 6 like they did for lwcad 2.0.