PDA

View Full Version : Affect Diffuse & Specular on/off

bruno
08-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Is something odd with the affect Diffuse & Specular on/off tab in LW9 light properties ?
Everything turn dark when they are uncheck even with affect OpenGL on.
any idea ?

Karmacop
08-02-2006, 08:21 PM
This is how it works now. You can actually turn off specular or diffuse and they will no longer show in the open gl view, while in lw8 and before it would still show specular and diffuse which didn't give a good indictation of how it would render. The only problem is that now you can't light a radiosity scene with a light that only affects opengl.

bruno
08-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Thank's for the reply.
So there is no way anymore of working a radiosity scene set up with no light / or set to 0% and still have a correct openGl view ?

BazC
08-03-2006, 02:06 AM
This is how it works now. You can actually turn off specular or diffuse and they will no longer show in the open gl view, while in lw8 and before it would still show specular and diffuse which didn't give a good indictation of how it would render. The only problem is that now you can't light a radiosity scene with a light that only affects opengl.

Yes you can! Turn the light off in the scene editor (A column) and it will only affect OGL :D I've got to say the LW8 Light properties made more sense to me though!

Karmacop
08-03-2006, 06:43 AM
Yes you can! Turn the light off in the scene editor (A column) and it will only affect OGL :D I've got to say the LW8 Light properties made more sense to me though!
Doh! You're right :) I always forget about that on off switch for items because I hardly ever use the scene editor.

bruno
08-03-2006, 01:52 PM
I got it, thank's to all.

Snosrap
08-03-2006, 08:55 PM
It'd be awesome if these were percentages rather than strickly on or off.

Cheers
Snos

Simon
08-04-2006, 04:57 AM
Aha I didn't know it had changed, I was trying to get just an openGL light the other day, good to know thanks.