PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 9 CD's?

younglion
08-02-2006, 07:49 AM
I preordered for 9 and I still haven't got any CD's yet. I have searched around the threads about this and I still haven't seen an answer. I ordered mine from spinquad, LW 9 upgrade only (not [8] upgrade with free 9 download) with VUE 5 and all that jazz. I already have [8] and from what I saw I am supposed to get the CD's. So I was just wondering if anyone knows whats going on about this or how I should follow this up. Thanks.

JML
08-02-2006, 07:52 AM
I also ordered it from newtek.com about 3 weeks ago and I did not receive it..
so you are not the only one.
I hope we will get it soon..

GCL
08-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Same situation here. Ordered from Sharbor. Did receive an email that LW 9 will be shipped around July 21st. However, probably due to last minute changes, distribution problems (if any come up), etc. we'll have to wait for it to arrive when it's good and ready.
I guess it's all a matter of timing. Will advise when received.

androidmaker
08-02-2006, 07:57 AM
well i ordered mine from newtek last september and still nothing :(

GCL
08-02-2006, 08:02 AM
On SpinQuad forum a reply to same question as of today:

Re: Lightwave 9 mailers...what's the deal?
We just shipped all of our upgrades to our customers today!! Those who ordered from SpinQuad or KURV studios should have them very soon, some of you tomorrow!!

Cheers!!

Hipcheck
08-02-2006, 08:33 AM
any update for those of us that ordered from newtek? I ordered on 7/14 and still no word...

younglion
08-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Well, I thought I was out of the loop or something....nevermind.;D

T-Light
08-02-2006, 09:04 AM
younglion

I ordered mine from spinquad, LW 9 upgrade only (not [8] upgrade with free 9 download) with VUE 5 and all that jazz

Here's the deal if you ordered the straight 9 upgrade (not the 8 upgrade with free 9 download). This is what's been CONFIRMED so far.

Newtek USA - They're sending you the disks
SafeHarbor - They're sending you the disks
Newtek Europe - They've complicated matters somewhat by reading a different meaning into electronic upgrade and they've added preorder dates into the mix???? I've yet to recieve a difinitive answer on this other than no-one gets disks unless you ordered last year? It's possible this is down to crossed lines, but no answer as of yet.

I don't know about other companies, but I think it's safe to say, if you ordered in America, you'll get the disks.

Hope that helps

ChrisPitts
08-02-2006, 09:26 AM
It depends on what you got. For those that preordered the digital download, You'll need to call Customer Service at 1-800-862-7837, and order a disk.

T-Light
08-02-2006, 09:49 AM
ChrisPitts-

For those that preordered the digital download, You'll need to call and order a disk.
That's part of the problem Chris, the term 'Digital Download' is one that's only came into service very recently indeed, before that the much maligned 'electronic upgrade or electronic update' has been in use. From here on in it would be much easier if Newtek stated upgrade offers as follows.

1) Full LW Box, disks and paper back manuals.
2) Jewel Case, CD's/DVD and pdf manual on disk
3) Download Only

The information I posted above (regarding straight upgrade to LW9, not other offers) has been confirmed by Chuck, Kurtis and Brian from Newtek USA and SafeHarbor). This offer was also stated as Electronic upgrade' at the time the offers were made.

Please note, I'm reffering only to those that upgraded directly from 8 to 9, not those that upgraded from a previous version of LW to 8 in a DVD jewel case and have a free upgrade to 9.

ChrisPitts
08-02-2006, 10:12 AM
ChrisPitts-

That's part of the problem Chris, the term 'Digital Download' is one that's only came into service very recently indeed, before that the much maligned 'electronic upgrade or electronic update' has been in use. From here on in it would be much easier if Newtek stated upgrade offers as follows.

1) Full LW Box, disks and paper back manuals.
2) Jewel Case, CD's/DVD and pdf manual on disk
3) Download Only

The information I posted above (regarding straight upgrade to LW9, not other offers) has been confirmed by Chuck, Kurtis and Brian from Newtek USA and SafeHarbor). This offer was also stated as Electronic upgrade' at the time the offers were made.

Please note, I'm reffering only to those that upgraded directly from 8 to 9, not those that upgraded from a previous version of LW to 8 in a DVD jewel case and have a free upgrade to 9.

Exactly, but that doesn't mean everyone that qualifies to get version 9 is going to get a CD shipped to them.

If you ordered Lightwave [8] after version 9 was announced, but did not previously own Lightwave [8], version 9 CD's will not automatically be shipped. If you already owned version 8, and preordered just the upgrade by itsself, then you should receive a disk fairly soon.

Just to avoid confusion, of course. You're perfectly correct. I just wanted to make it clear that not everyone that qualifies for version 9 is getting a CD automatically.

Thor Simpson
08-02-2006, 10:28 AM
I ordered the cd's but since I got the digital download already, I couldn't care less when it arrives as long as it's before I have to reinstall someday. :)

Now, the manuals I would like to get my hands on but I can wait.

ChrisPitts
08-02-2006, 10:43 AM
I ordered the cd's but since I got the digital download already, I couldn't care less when it arrives as long as it's before I have to reinstall someday. :)

Now, the manuals I would like to get my hands on but I can wait.

hehe Me too. We can't get our manuals until all the preorders are filled. I can't wait! They're sexy.

T-Light
08-02-2006, 10:55 AM
ChrisPitts -

Just to avoid confusion, of course. You're perfectly correct. I just wanted to make it clear that not everyone that qualifies for version 9 is getting a CD automatically.
:thumbsup: :D I'd hate to have your job right now.

Chris, if there's anyway you can get any CD info for us Newtek Europe customers on the offer I mentioned above (direct upgraders from 8.x to 9), I'll put a plaque on the wall in your honour :)

dee
08-02-2006, 11:16 AM
yesterday i ordered my lwcad2 update from newtek europe and asked edith minkenberg about the lw9 discs. her statement was: if you purchased the lw9 update before 2006 you get the disks for free but you have to ask for it. now that i asked for it, she will send the discs to me as soon as possible. u can use the callback service from newtek europe, works great.

GandB
08-02-2006, 11:30 AM
I received confirmation today (along with a UPS tracker); mine will arrive here by Friday. I'm in Michigan.

-Keith

T-Light
08-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Dee-

if you purchased the lw9 update before 2006 you get the disks for free but you have to ask for it. now that i asked for it, she will send the discs to me as soon as possible.
Cheers Dee, but that doesn't cover it. Newtek Europe are running something weird here. It can be one of two things.

1) All Newtek Europe customers who ordered 'ANY' 9 upgrade in 2005 will have the jewel box +CD's+DVD sent to them on request. Anyone who ordered the 8.x to 9 upgrade only (as specified above), will also receive the jewel case etc (ie identical to the 8.x to 9 upgrade customers of Newtek USA)

2) ONLY Newtek Europe customers who ordered in 2005 will receive the jewel box +CD's + DVD upon request. EVERYONE else INCLUDING those upgrading from 8.x to 9 only - DO NOT get the package and will have to pay more money to get what everyone in the USA is getting for free.

Needless to say, If Newtek Europe are running option 1 then good on them, It'll make a lot of Euro 2005 customers very happy. If it's actually option 2 then this is going to kick up a heck of a stink with Euro 2006 customers.

I'm happy to think this is simply crossed lines until we get verification to state otherwise.

Again: please note - we're only talking about the straight 8.x to 9 upgrade offer, all we've recieved are a clear cd box with two vue cd's inside (nothing else). I'm not referring to any other upgrade offer.

mkiii
08-02-2006, 12:42 PM
I've just had an email from NTE with regard to the status of this trying to get me to send my credid card number so they can send me a "convenience" pack, so don't hold your breath.

Pshaw! I say. I think I've spent just about enough for one upgrade.

As for the manual, I can just grab my last printed manual (7.0) and write 9.0 on it.

Sighs whistfully, and remembers the heady days of 6.0 betaforce, when not only did those prepaying get the beta, they got the beta printed manuals, a t-shirt, a lollypop, some plastic bugs, a box, & CDs.... then got a proper release box with cds, and manuals when the final was released.

We have gone from that to Just the manual & CDs for 7.0, to just the CDs for 8.0, and now neither the CD nor the manual for 9.0. What's next? no PDF or Help files?

T-Light
08-02-2006, 01:14 PM
It's looking bleak if your a 2006 European 8.x to 9 upgrader isn't it.

To keep things simple I guess it goes something like this...

1) You bought into or upgraded with Newtek Europe in 2005
Your electronic upgrades are CD's + DVD + jewel case AND you can have the full box and manuals for half price! We lovez you, yez we duz, yez we duz"

2) You upgraded your 8.x to 9 with Newtek Europe in 2006
"on yer bike freeloaders, yer 'electonic upgrade' is a download, we never said otherwise, you're getting nowt, now pay extra or sling yer hook"

It's not pretty, especially when you consider users in the USA paid $399 for their 8.x to 9 upgrade with CD's DVD and jewel case and we had to pay approx $600 for what would seem to be a download only.

Newtek Europe is keeping ominously quiet on this. Not surprising as a lot of us ordered many many months before release and this peculiar piece of information (regarding backdating who gets what) has only come to light over the last week or so.

mjcrawford
08-02-2006, 01:21 PM
well, I have herd nothing! I ordered the upgrade and even paid the extra $100 for the books! still nothing! AARRRGG! I need the books!

ChrisPitts
08-02-2006, 02:00 PM
well, I have herd nothing! I ordered the upgrade and even paid the extra $100 for the books! still nothing! AARRRGG! I need the books!

For those that have ordered the manuals and such, orders began shipping yesterday. It's probably going to take a bit to get all the orders out though. There are literally thousands of preorders to fill.

Fear not, though! Our shipping department is fully staffed with futuristic shipping robots bent on world domination through getting orders shipped ridiculously quickly, so it shouldn't be very long before everyone's got the goods :thumbsup:

ChrisPitts
08-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Here are some of our shipping robots! They look almost real! :D

Thor Simpson
08-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Here are some of our shipping robots! They look almost real! :D
Whoa. I think I see my name on one of those labels! Can you ask them to ship that one next, pletty please? ;)

CAClark
08-02-2006, 04:31 PM
How prominently does 'half-assed' feature in the NT mission statement?

WTF do we have to ASK for our upgrade disks that are free? We should get them as a matter of course. It's such a cheap *** way to do business.

T-Light
08-02-2006, 04:43 PM
CAClarke-

WTF do we have to ASK for our upgrade disks that are free? We should get them as a matter of course. It's such a cheap *** way to do business.
Pretty poor isn't it, even if you ask it looks like you'll only get them if you ordered in 2005. The only thing that annoys me more is this was announced after the release of 9, not before any of us put our money down.

I think Newtek Europe need to take a leaf out of Newtek USA's book on customer service here.

ChrisPitts
08-02-2006, 05:00 PM
How prominently does 'half-assed' feature in the NT mission statement?

Feel free to address your concerns to Customer Service. We're happy to help in any way we can if you have special circumstances that necessitate special accomodations. They can be reached at 1-800-862-7837, Mon-Fri 9:30-5:30 CST.

We take the input from all of our customers' concerns seriously on these forums. However, there is a fine line between being constructive and being abusive. The latter can be grounds for moderation by the forum admins. Please keep the discussion civil.

T-Light
08-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Chris, CAClarke's referring to Newtek Europe policy (like me, he's in the UK). I don't think US 1-800 numbers work for us, or indeed, if we have a legitimate line of complaint to Newtek USA.

For everyone in the UK or Europe who ordered the direct upgrade from 8.x to 9 in 2006 - I'm going to email Newtek Europe in the morning and see what's happening, I'll write in the forums tommorow when I get a definitive answer.

T-Light
08-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Being a forum watcher for some time it appears a tad weird that this thead has sank down so far as to below annomolies of the forums over a single day, really weird. Maybe it's me.

T-Light
08-03-2006, 03:20 PM
I'll quote myself - and not for self gratification -

I'm going to email Newtek Europe in the morning and see what's happening, I'll write in the forums tommorow when I get a definitive answer.
Wrote yesterday at one in the afternoon, still Waiting !!!

GandB
08-04-2006, 03:00 PM
I recieved my LW9 CDs today; thanks guys.:)

mjcrawford
08-04-2006, 04:02 PM
:cry: :twak: :bangwall: :cursin: :censored:

still nothing...

androidmaker
08-04-2006, 04:36 PM
when did you order?

GandB
08-04-2006, 05:37 PM
A few weeks ago I think.

mjcrawford
08-04-2006, 05:45 PM
I ordered in March

Thor Simpson
08-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Just got my notification that it will arrive on the 8th. They're going out, just takes time to process so many orders.

androidmaker
08-04-2006, 09:06 PM
ok i ordered mine last september and still nothing

GandB
08-04-2006, 09:16 PM
I would imagine in the next few days, most people should start recieving them (in the U.S. anyways).

-Keith

inquisitive
08-05-2006, 01:39 AM
I recieved my LW9 CDs today; thanks guys.:)

Hmm well great, you ordered a couple of weeks and you got them? and those of us that ordered a year ago have nothing? so much for customer service uh?

archiea
08-05-2006, 01:41 AM
...how about if I ordered it from KURV studios... I think in dec 2005..does it ship from Kurv or from NT?

Philbert
08-05-2006, 02:28 AM
Good question. I too ordered from Kurv Dec 25th. I have the printout from them right here. It's referred to as "Lightwave 9 Pre-upgrade with PDF Manual Includes Vue 5". I don't remember it saying anything about "with CDs" or "without CDs".

archiea
08-05-2006, 02:52 AM
I did order one set with the printed manual...

JamesCurtis
08-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Philbert,

I had talked with Kurv about a week or so ago and he said that would get us disc versions. He thought they would come from NT but said if I didn't get it within a few weeks to let him know and he would see what he could do. He really is a nice fellow.

kurv
08-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys, if you ordered the pre-upgrade and got Vue... NewTek will be shipping your hard copies. If you ordered after we stopped selling the Vue special, we are sending your copies to you... were almost done, we have been shipping around the clock for a solid week now.

We are also moving our offices this weekend but hope to have the last shipments out Monday at the UPS pick up.

GandB
08-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Hmm well great, you ordered a couple of weeks and you got them? and those of us that ordered a year ago have nothing? so much for customer service uh?
I'm not sure what the proccess is, but the customer service has been excellent on my end. I'm sure it will get to you soon.

-Keith

EmperorPete
08-09-2006, 05:10 AM
T-Light, did you ever get a reply?

T-Light
08-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Hello EmperorPete.

I did get a reply on Monday, but, as my first email was rather 'pre-order' general, ending in the focus of my specific order, the response from Newtek Europe just focused on my order alone. I sent another email back only asking general questions (regarding US to Europe offers etc), and received a reply yesterday stating they are no longer speaking about old orders and are instead focusing on new orders and new deals.

Not really what we wanted to hear, but I should state they were very polite replies (from Carole LE BERRE - Sales Representative for UK, ROI and Scandinavia) and while I'll quote public forums till the cows come home I don't like to quote private email responses (doesn't seem the decent thing to do).

My recommendations for anyone who pre ordered one of the LW upgrades is to get in touch with
[email protected]
Explain your knowledge of the situation and give them your specific order details (emailed order receipt), date of purchase etc.

Sorry I haven't been more help here guys, but the situation would seem to be if you want to know the status of your particular order (qualification for jewel packs etc) they'll reply on a one to one basis.

mkiii
08-15-2006, 05:26 AM
I have just had confirmation from NTE that the NTE decision to only send free packs to those that ordered the pre[9] upgrade before the end of 2005, contrary to the statements made by Kurtis still stands. IE:-

"*Free upon request for LightWave v9 pre- launch offers purchased between 01/07/2005 and 31/12/2005 "

As a side note, I asked why they are charging VAT for the manuals when no VAT should apply to the printed matter but have not had an answer.

..long rant about how things were better in the old days self censored...

mkiii
08-15-2006, 06:10 AM
It probably isn't the only one, & afaik, it has been doing this since the release of 7.5 or so.

Newtek aren't responsible for EU VAT rules, or Customs duties. However, buying from NTE does mean that I would be paying more VAT than usual, since French VAT is so high, which you might not realise until you get to the order completion page.

Lux sell Modo as an optional DL only or full boxed version for the same price. While no EU companies were selling it, this made sense because you paid no VAT on the DL version, and didn't have to pay customs duty (here in the UK at least). Obviously, OneVideo selling it (They are a MKIII recommended reseller), changes that particular situation.

However, Newtek not sending customers any sort of content cd/dvd is a new & unwanted turn of events, and is starting to look a bit tight fisted..

Especially when not too long ago we were told by Kurtis that all pre orders of 9 would be getting them sent for free. Just after that statement was put up on the forums, Newtek Europe changed their website to say that only customers who ordered before the end of 2005 were eligable - not so the US customers of course. If it weren't for that post, then I doubt I would be feeling more than just a bit disgruntled. As it happens, my gruntle is becoming more & more dissed..

Bog
08-15-2006, 07:28 AM
Isn't Newtek the only company that charges seperately for manuals for it's software?

Not even remotely the case. Everything from Operating Systems through DVD authoring stuff these days ships with online documentation, a skinny readme leaflet and a purchase option for dead tree.

(I might have a screw lose, but I don't feel that I actually own the software until I have a big fat box on my shelf).

It's just a box for bits. Heck, even the DVD/CD thing is moot these days. I honestly don't see the difference myself, apart from the fact that I don't have to get something I've paid for handed to a postal service whose definition of "Fragile" is "Drop gently" and replacement install media is a URL and a passcode.

Bog
08-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Physicality is an illusion. There is nothing but the byteflow. Cast off the shackles, and stop murdering trees! Besides which, hardcopy is both luddite and unsanitary.

Free your mind and your @ss will follow, Neverko!

;)

Simon
08-15-2006, 07:45 AM
I ordered from onevideo in April this year ...

1 x LightWave 3D 9 UPGRADE PRE-ORDER + e-on Vue 5 Infinite

... and have been charged for delivery so I sure as heck better be getting something in the post!! Will have to email them when I get home.

United Kingdom Mainland (Ground Shipping & Handling): 7.50

Simon
08-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Oh cancel that thought ..... duh :foreheads .... it was probably just for the Vue box being delivered.

Phil
08-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Should be getting the CDs on the 18th. UPS tracking showed them still somewhere in France earlier today. Not sure why it takes three days to move them from Bordeaux to Dresden, but there we are :/

Happily, no delivery charge thanks to NewTek Europe's shop being down :b

Re. physicality.... I caved :) I'm still hoping it will be obsolete before it arrives due to a restart of the OB for 9.0.1 (note that middle '0' - I want lots of point releases ;) )

gareee
08-15-2006, 09:35 AM
I preordered before 2006, but haven;t gotten any shipping notice at all. Did you get a ups shipping notice via email?

Phil
08-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Yep. It's only the CDs, mind you. No manual or box :) I would actually have liked to order the shading manual, but I'll find a local print shop at some point and get them to do it for me :D

jeremyhardin
08-15-2006, 12:28 PM
It depends on what you got. For those that preordered the digital download, You'll need to call Customer Service at 1-800-862-7837, and order a disk.

ChrisPitts,

I just called this number and couldn't get any specific info. It seems I'm managing to be quite complicated without trying, but my situation hasn't been covered here.

I ordered in 2006, but from Spinquad and I received Vue...then downloaded when I could.
I moved and realized Kurv might not have my latest info.
So I talked to Kurv and was told that Newtek would be shipping my copy and to make sure they had my latest info.
I changed my Newtek Registration info online.

So, if I'm correct, I should be getting the CDs shipped to me by Newtek right? And is there any way to get specific account information. CS was polite but wouldn't give me any specific information about my order. When I said I haven't received any shipping information, I was told that it must not have shipped yet. But I couldn't get a definitive, "Yes, we have you on our list of shipping orders and you're about halfway down it. So it should be about 12 business days." or, "No, we don't have you down as receiving CDs. You'll have to pay us." or whatever. Any suggestions on getting a definitive account-specific yes/no and when-ish?

I'm concerned I'm either showing up as not eligible for the CDs (which would be incorrect), or equally as bad...I'm concerned my order did ship (without my knowlege) to the wrong address before I changed it and for some reason didn't forward to me with my other mail.

spec24
08-15-2006, 01:36 PM
I preordered before 2006, but haven;t gotten any shipping notice at all. Did you get a ups shipping notice via email?

same here garee. And I empathize with neverko.

calilifestyle
08-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Ordered From Safehabor in april. but back in april theycharged me for everthing and the shipping. i dont have problem with that, what i do have a problem with is i checked my bank acount today and found that i have charged again for shipping ... any one have this happend to them, ill call them but right now im at work.

Safe Harbor
08-15-2006, 02:36 PM
The shipping charges on the first shipment were for just the first shipment (the Vue CDs) - that shipping charge did not include us shipping out the LW9 CDs. We are not providing free shipping on the Convenience Upgrades to anyone... all of our customers who are getting the free CDs sent to them are paying shipping for this second shipment.

Philbert
08-15-2006, 04:15 PM
I didn't order from Safe Harbor but I hope those people got notice that they were being charged a second time and Calilifestyle above just missed it somehow. I know I wouldn't be happy if a random charge appeared on my statement.

jeremyhardin
08-16-2006, 06:31 AM
ChrisPitts,

I just called this number and couldn't get any specific info. It seems I'm managing to be quite complicated without trying, but my situation hasn't been covered here.

I ordered in 2006, but from Spinquad and I received Vue...then downloaded when I could.
I moved and realized Kurv might not have my latest info.
So I talked to Kurv and was told that Newtek would be shipping my copy and to make sure they had my latest info.
I changed my Newtek Registration info online.

So, if I'm correct, I should be getting the CDs shipped to me by Newtek right? And is there any way to get specific account information. CS was polite but wouldn't give me any specific information about my order. When I said I haven't received any shipping information, I was told that it must not have shipped yet. But I couldn't get a definitive, "Yes, we have you on our list of shipping orders and you're about halfway down it. So it should be about 12 business days." or, "No, we don't have you down as receiving CDs. You'll have to pay us." or whatever. Any suggestions on getting a definitive account-specific yes/no and when-ish?

I'm concerned I'm either showing up as not eligible for the CDs (which would be incorrect), or equally as bad...I'm concerned my order did ship (without my knowlege) to the wrong address before I changed it and for some reason didn't forward to me with my other mail....and...a bump. :thumbsup:

mkiii
08-17-2006, 03:25 AM
I ordered from onevideo in April this year ...

1 x LightWave 3D 9 UPGRADE PRE-ORDER + e-on Vue 5 Infinite

... and have been charged for delivery so I sure as heck better be getting something in the post!! Will have to email them when I get home.

United Kingdom Mainland (Ground Shipping & Handling): 7.50

Same Here (in Feb), but I suspect that the 7.50 was just to cover sending that jewel case with Vue in it.

If you order anything from them, you pay a minimum of 7.50.

Simon
08-17-2006, 05:28 AM
Yes I think they spent the 7.50 on the huge cardboard envelope thing that the tiny vue cd case came in!

jeremyhardin
08-19-2006, 11:43 PM
and I got my cds today. sweetness. :thumbsup:

lardbros
08-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Hmmm, well i ordered from some strange place called Jagtech... i wonder what they'll do regarding the shipment of LW9?? I chose them because they were cheapest by 20 quid or so, and am worried about what may happen to my CD's? I got contacted by OneVideo too afterwards asking why i didn't purchase it from them, and i said that this other place was cheaper. They then told me they would do a price match in future! GOD DANG IT!

Maybe they pass the responsibility over to Newtek Europe so maybe it's down to them to ship it to me?

Have any UK customers received their discs?

Philbert
08-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Got my CD/DVD in the mail yesterday. I was just about to call and inquire about it when I decided to check the mailbox just in case.

csquared63
08-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Got mine from Kurv yesterday! :thumbsup:

lardbros
08-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Did anyone else order from a Place called Jagtech here in the UK?? I have just contacted them and they say that it's not down to them, but down to Newtek to ship it out to me?? Is this right? If possible could Ben Vost give me a shout in here and let me know what i should say to them??

Is it down to Jagtech or Newtek to send me my LW9??

(I ordered back in December last year so i do qualify for the CD/DVD)

inquisitive
08-22-2006, 11:08 AM
I just got my disks too.

Does anybody know if these are the revised disks that correct the scenes/objects path issues?

Thanks

mjcrawford
08-29-2006, 10:57 AM
still waiting.. NT has ignored my e-mail complaint, this is just wrong!

jeremyhardin
08-29-2006, 11:24 AM
mjcrawford...did you send it to [email protected]? i found them responsive when I explained my situation and got my CDs shipped here (to Tualatin, not far from you).

gareee
08-29-2006, 01:27 PM
NT has benn VERY quite since the LW9 gold release.. too quiet, methinks...

Gregg "T.Rex"
08-30-2006, 10:47 AM
I have one question about the content that come along with the LW9 CDs:

-is it new LW9 related content?
-is it the old LW8 content that came with LW8?
-is it a mix of the above two options?
-if it's a mix, what's the balance between LW8 and LW9 content?

Thanks,
Gregg

Andyjaggy
08-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Well I would love to answer your question but I still haven't gotten mine yet!

Phil
08-30-2006, 10:55 AM
It's the same content as is available for download. None of the older content is provided, either on the disks or for download. If you are a new customer, this seems kind of stupid. A good 700 MB of space is still available on the DVD in the package, which should have been put to use.

The DVD has the full set of NewTek video tutorials, along with various 3rd party stuff. Nothing particularly awe inspiring; somewhat similar to the 8.x 3rd party disk.

Overall, if you have the bandwidth, then you already have everything you need available to you.

Gregg "T.Rex"
08-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Oh, okay.....

Thanks...
Gregg

gareee
08-30-2006, 11:06 AM
I just checked mine, and I got one cd, and one dvd...is that what everyone else is getting?

mjcrawford
08-30-2006, 11:21 AM
I just checked mine, and I got one cd, and one dvd...is that what everyone else is getting?

I just got mine and yes, I got the same package - I Know I ripped on NT in this thread and others, and I still think that NT has not excuted this launch very well.. but I am glad to finaly have my books! I have not yet looked at the content. the whole package seamed 'dirty' on the inside which I have herd from others as well, it almost seams as if the packaging was put together in a barn full of sawdust or something... very sloppy NT, VERY sloppy. NT still has the best product out there, but their marketing (which of course includes packaging) is rock-bottom.