PDA

View Full Version : Jetto Bevel not working...

hrgiger
08-02-2006, 01:50 AM
Anyone else still juse JettoBevel? I've tried to use it recently but it hasn't worked yet in version 9.

colkai
08-02-2006, 03:22 AM
Nope, it's busted in LW9 and the scuttlebutt is, the developer has no plans to revise the LW plugins for LW9. How accurate that is I don't know, but it's certainly the current train of thought.

Same, JettoFillet was one of my favourite 'handies'.

aurora
08-02-2006, 08:03 AM
A group I work with and myself have tried to contact him and see that since he does not plan on coming back and updating his mega-awesome plugins with he would let us have the code so we could fix them. Never got a peep back. Bum, we loved his Beveland Fillet tools to.
Maybe we should have Dennis or someone else try and contact him too.

jthompson3d
08-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Yea we , at the company I work for, has also tried to contact him many times, and like everyone else no answer. :phone_cal
Yea we used Jetto Bevel and Jetto Fillet like crazy but now in LW9, we're lost and looking for a new ones since they don't work.

VertiBevel works pretty good. But can't find anything like JettoFillet.

Dodgy
08-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Bevel++ is the cheapest version I've come across, $25 I think, and I love it to bits. Allows you to store a bevel set in the preset window(how all plugins should work IMHO!)

monfoodoo
08-16-2006, 10:07 AM
I just ordered 9 and i'm sad that these tools don't work.I use them all the time.
and fillet is a must.Somebody get a hold of this wizard.! scott

KillMe
08-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Bevel++ is the cheapest version I've come across, $25 I think, and I love it to bits. Allows you to store a bevel set in the preset window(how all plugins should work IMHO!)

yup i love it too - but it doesn't work with cc sds and i emailed the guy and was told that basically he has no plans to fix it right now but he would someday like to revisit it

that said you can still use it as you did before without any probs - just in well as i would be lost without it - multishift is pale by comparisson and dragging doesn't seem to have much effect - argh no the though of no bevel ++ scares me unless newtek produce somethign that can do everything ti can and works just as nicely too

Matt
08-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Would be nice if a NT programmer took on this as a mini-project, if it was a .p instead of a .lsc it would be faster too.

Failing that, I'm thinking of contacting Victor of LWCAD and asking if he would think about doing a fillet tool for straight polygons, instead of having to constantly switch between the polys to LWCAD nurbs to use his tools.

Thinking about it, there are a few of his tools that would be great if he made work with straight polys, just to add even more functionality to his already cool toolset. I must admit, I'm not a massive fan of converting polys to nurb curves to use some of the tools, although I understand why he had to do it that way.

Hmmmmm, might email him this thread link.

Matt
08-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Okay guys, just sent this to Victor:

Hi Victor

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54962

It has nothing to do with LWCAD per se, but I think you could knock this together very quickly with your solid knowledge of geometry.

Basically there was plugin called JettoFillet that allowed you to round the corners of polys by selecting the points you wanted to round.

It no longer works in LW9 and the author has disappeared.

Your tools have something similar but only work on LWCAD nurbs, what do you think about taking _some_ of the LWCAD tools and making them work with straight polys (where appropriate).

The fillet tool is definately one such tool that would make LWCAD even more powerful, as sometimes I don't like to convert from polys to nurbs to fillet a flat polygon, especially when I have a high poly model.

It's something to think about, but I for one would be over-joyed if you did this.

Best regards
Matt Gorner

colkai
08-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Must admit, I was wishing that the fillet tool worked with geometry. Ume_Polyfan does work still in LW9, but you are limited to running it on a single point at a time and it is not, alas, interactive.

Matt
08-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Is there anyway to decode .LSC files, if there was maybe someone could fix this plugin?

T-Light
08-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Without knowing the first thing about .lsc's It's a good bet I'm talking through my b*tty. But, I'm guessing an lsc is either object code, encrypted code or both. As Layout or modeler have to read this code I'm guessing if someone had enough knowledge of the layout or modeler core it could be done.

However, It's got to cross some boundaries, if not legally then ethically.

GregMalick
08-17-2006, 07:36 PM
my understanding is that it's encrypted.

ramccombe
08-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi guys, I just tried both. A simple task, fillet 1 corner of rectangular poly. Make backgroung curve and bevel using profile and it worked fine. I'm on a Mac 10.3.9 Lightwave 9. :confused:

dee
08-18-2006, 06:11 AM
... But can't find anything like JettoFillet.

have you tried rounder? i use it alot.

Joske
08-24-2006, 03:17 AM
We also use Jettofillet at a daily basis.
Very shocked to find out that it is broken in LW9!
And very dissapointed that the author is not responding to any calls.
On the other hand I've never understood why NT didn't build this imh very basic function into LW. As a former AutoCAD programmer i think it shouldn't be too hard. Unfortunatelly I have no knowledge of LW scripting.
Maybe we could even ask our great friend Pictrix??

btw Vertibevel, Bevel++ and rounder only work for 3D meshes and not for planes :'(

regards,

Jos

www.trimagine.nl

Dodgy
08-24-2006, 04:30 AM
btw Vertibevel, Bevel++ and rounder only work for 3D meshes and not for planes :'(

Bevel++ works for me for a plane....

Joske
08-24-2006, 06:10 AM
Ohw well, to tell the truth I haven't tried bevel++ as it isn't free, but according to the images on the author's site I concluded it wouldn't do planes.
Does it do multiple corners at once and interactive?
Otherwise ume_Polyfan will do the same.
But Jettofillet (and bevel too) is (was?) really awesome!.
Can hardly live without them. And can't imagine nobody would be able to make something like this...

cathuria
08-24-2006, 07:01 AM
Ohw well, to tell the truth I haven't tried bevel++ as it isn't free, but according to the images on the author's site I concluded it wouldn't do planes.

Yup, it does all that; Bevel++ is just about my most important modeling tool. It has great interactivity and I find it easier to use than VertiBevel, plus it has a lot of tweak & adjustment widgets to make it work in different ways.

Joske
08-24-2006, 07:15 AM
I mean fillets. Does it do fillets on planes? I just found out I still have an old free beta version of bevelpp in my LW8 directory. Offcourse that's an old version, but that one doesn't do fillets. It only prevents planes from intersecting during bevel deforms.

I just downloaded the demo version, but I cannot find anything i need in bevel++.
I just need to fillet (multiple!) corners of planes in an easy and simple way, preferable interactive.
Well just like Jettofillet :-)

Dodgy
08-24-2006, 08:59 AM

It is fully interactive, does multiple polys, but I'm not sure what you mean about corners?

jthompson3d
08-24-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm the same as above people, we have 16 modelers here were I work and we all use that plugin daily, so here what I found.

I found a work around on JettoFillet.

Apply jettofillet to whatever you need to do, undo it then put new numbers in that u want and it works........no interactive like before but a work around until someone fixes it.

Frustrating doing it this way but works. :bangwall:

Surly someone could make a plugin just like this. :question:
But I'm no programmer so don't know how hard it is.

Also on JettoBevel, I found that VertiBevel gets the job done just as well, so bye bye jetto bevel.

Sensei
08-24-2006, 10:11 AM
It is fully interactive, does multiple polys, but I'm not sure what you mean about corners?

Make polygon with Pen and select one of points and try to use Rounder.. It won't work.. JettoFillet in that case rounds corner without problem and makes similar N-gon as Rounder..

You can see it here just move mouse over images
http://www.3dfightclub.com/~jettocrack/lightwave/plugins/jettofillet/index.htm

Joske
08-28-2006, 02:55 AM
Just got reply from Masayuki Unezawa from Pictrix :
But I guess this only works on newly created geometry ...

Hi Jos ,

Please look at this.

http://www.pictrix.jp/lw/index3.html

R_Connect4

Thank you
PICTRIX
Masayuki Unezawa
[email protected]
www.pictrix.jp

Bill Carey
08-29-2006, 05:23 PM
If you got in to the LWCAD 1.5 offer I've found that will work for a Jetto Fillet replacement, only with new geometry though. I'm going to get Vertibevel for the rest, that looks very cool. Really miss the Jetto tools, quick and simple, sigh...

Joske
08-30-2006, 03:58 AM
We've got LWCAD but it doesn't do what I want. As said it only works on newly created geometry and for my purpose I prefer the fillet to be used on polygons instead of the LWCAD curves.

PepeWan
08-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Workaround: Extrude your polygon, use Rounder on the perpendicular edges, get rid of the extruded polygons.

Joske
08-30-2006, 07:48 AM
Workaround: Extrude your polygon, use Rounder on the perpendicular edges, get rid of the extruded polygons.

Much to difficult, and i really need the interactivity.
I used Jettofillet to round polyline corners to build roads and pavements using an image as backdrop. Interactivity helped a lot to determine the right corner radius as well as the choice of wich corner(s) to round.
All in all Jettofillet as an awesome tool and it should have been added to LW long ago. This is pretty basic stuff IMHO!.

PepeWan
08-30-2006, 09:07 AM
It's not difficult at all, it's just a couple of extra steps. It's also interactive, you just can't do all your points at once (or Rounder will start rounding along the edges of your original polygon, and that's not what you want).

Bill Carey
08-30-2006, 03:22 PM
We've got LWCAD but it doesn't do what I want. As said it only works on newly created geometry and for my purpose I prefer the fillet to be used on polygons instead of the LWCAD curves.

Yeah, me too, it's definitely a change in workflow. I can see where I'll wind up drawing new geometry on top of old so I can get the result I want with LWCAD. Someone needs to fly to Spain and get this worked out, lol.

Joske
08-31-2006, 02:55 AM
You're right. But still it's a hassle....

Joske
09-18-2006, 04:31 AM
Well I guess our problem, at least for Filleting is solved, thanks to the fantastic guys from Trueart :

http://www.trueart.eu/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/TrueFillet

awesome

geothefaust
09-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Wow. Sensei, you keep pumping out the killer plugins. Thanks!

monfoodoo
09-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks True Art! Scott

Foxfur
09-19-2006, 11:35 AM
eh sorry I just drop in like this.

I have kinda the same problem with my bevel. I have read in the manual that I should just pick the polygons I wanted to bevel and then left-click and drag. Now when I left-click and drag, simply nothing happends. First I thought that my mousebutton was suddenly broken but it isnt. What can I do about it? :confused: I need that bevel tool to make breasts on a warewolf. And the arm BTW. :help:

It's the only thing that stops me so far. Then we may see what the next problem will be...

- Foxfur