PDA

View Full Version : Render Object (f11) Query

Filmdesigner
08-01-2006, 10:52 PM
I often render objects via F11 to test lighting. When using Perspective Camera the object is rendered without the shadowing or reflections from the other objects in the scene. Am I missing something or overlooking a setting somewhere?

Cheers.

Lottmedia
08-02-2006, 08:33 AM
isn't that the way it's supposed to work? It's rendering just the object selected. If you want everytrhing do an f9 or use limited region if you don't want to wait for the entire scene ro render.

Casey :cat:

colkai
08-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Yup, makes sense it would render like that, sa F11 is selected object only, so it can't show reflections, as they would include other items.
I would imagine if your reflections were purely an image map it would show ok.

(Just checked - confirmed that image map shows up, which makes perfect sense to me)

sfarron
08-02-2006, 11:39 PM
it used to do that though...I liked it because you can see how obscured portions of objects are actually being lit without having to render the geometry that covers it up.

Filmdesigner
08-07-2006, 05:26 AM
You guys are right, and I understand exactly how it is supposed to work, but in 8.5 the rendered object would show how it reacts to the scene. It would be shadowed and lit by the surrounding objects, which made it an excellent editing tool in case a single object has a problem you want fix quickly.

pixym
08-07-2006, 07:11 AM
You guys are right, and I understand exactly how it is supposed to work, but in 8.5 the rendered object would show how it reacts to the scene. It would be shadowed and lit by the surrounding objects, which made it an excellent editing tool in case a single object has a problem you want fix quickly.
I second that, or having an option for no other objects.

Simon
08-07-2006, 08:38 AM
The f11 object has always shown shadows, I used to use it for rendering flat floors with all the shadows etc baked onto it. It appears to be broken or work differently with LW9. :confused:

nukemodular
08-07-2006, 09:01 AM
some time ago:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53602&highlight=f11