PDA

View Full Version : change frame rate without affecting keyframes

DaledeSilva
08-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Hello...

I've done a short animation at 30 frames per second accidentally when I actually meant it at 25 frames per second....

when I go tot the options and change it to 25 frames per second, all the keyframes are adjusted automically so that they are at the same point in "time"... but I need them to stay on the exact frames numbers as before...

is this possible?

Dale.

avkills
08-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Well you could try to scale all the frames by 5 after you convert to 25fps. I think that would work.

-mark

jeanphi
08-04-2006, 02:53 AM
If you swap from 30 fps to 25 fps you will have fractional key frames.
If you manage to modify or edit your animation you have to enable fractional frames in option pannel and jump fom Key frame to Key frame with shift+left or shift+right.

You can snap key frames to entire frames inside graph editor, scene editor, or dopetrak, but the timing of your animation will be affected. If you have fast character motions it will be far more visible.

An other solution is to go on at 30 fps and just convert it to 25 for rendering or exporting without snaping key frames.

starbase1
08-04-2006, 04:48 AM
If you swap from 30 fps to 25 fps you will have fractional key frames.
If you manage to modify or edit your animation you have to enable fractional frames in option pannel and jump fom Key frame to Key frame with shift+left or shift+right.

You can snap key frames to entire frames inside graph editor, scene editor, or dopetrak, but the timing of your animation will be affected. If you have fast character motions it will be far more visible.

An other solution is to go on at 30 fps and just convert it to 25 for rendering or exporting without snaping key frames.

Yes, there are utilities out there which will poke a new value into an AVI frame rate - this is also a lot quicker than rerendering! (I've eneded up trying to work with fractional keyframes before now - it's a complete nightmare!