PDA

View Full Version : LWCad install HELP the helpless

PWL
08-01-2006, 07:38 PM
I'm just getting around to installing LWCAD 1.5.
I must say that the directions are a bit...umm...hopeless.
And the broken English doesn't help.
Anyone have a clue? :help:

dgon64
08-01-2006, 07:51 PM
What problems are you having? I've installed and reinstalled several times without too much trouble. In your LWCAD folder there should be install icons and doubleclicking on the appropriate one for your LW version brings up the installation panel. There you can set your installation options. Once installed you look for LWCAD options ( under LWCADext group ) click activate which brings up the activation panel. Enter the appropriate info into the fields and you.re good to go. Hope this helps.

colkai
08-02-2006, 03:00 AM
ok, biggest problem has always been, LWCAD1.5 doesn't "see" your configs until such time as you edit the menu layout in modeller.
Load up modeller, go to menu edit, make a change, (add a plugin to a new group or tab or some such action, even swapping the position of two plugins in a section should do it). Exit modeller once this is done, now fire up the LWCAD install, now it 'sees' the config file and away you go.
You would not believe the number of people, (myself included), who got caught out by this.

dgon64
08-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Ahh-yes most important point! Thanks for remembering colkai-I almost do that by second nature- showing how many times I had to do it over and I do remember some grief at first wondering where those tabs were. Software quirks-how they make my day.