PDA

View Full Version : Layers Panel in LW9.. Bug !!

alex-7
08-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi..
When I use the Layer Panel in modeler Lightwave crash's and close with an error.

not everytime it crash's .. but when I use it alot .. like changing layers names and closing it then open it and hiding layers and so on .. then I get an error and crash.

I hope you guys check it carefully and tell me its a bug or something else!

and sorry for my english

stevecullum
08-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Please check you DEP settings. If your not sure what that is, take a look at this

http://www.lightwiki.com/wiki/mediawiki-1.4.4/index.php?title=LightWave_keeps_crashing_-_is_DEP_to_blame%3F

alex-7
08-01-2006, 08:19 PM
thanks.. but it didn't solved the problem.. still geting crashed.

stevecullum
08-02-2006, 05:56 AM
What ever is going on, its not a Lightwave issue directly, as most peoples are working fine. When the crash occurs, what is the Windows error message saying? It normally throws out a .dll that indicates the faulting module...

I have had many Open GL issues, crashing all the time etc.. Currently using the 91.31 beta drivers and things are pretty stable!

gjjackson
08-02-2006, 07:32 AM
I have seen some issues with older plugins causing crashes. I had one that when LW wouldn't complete a startup, since it autoscanned plugins. Is it Only the layers panel. I assume the same code is used for any open panel.