PDA

View Full Version : Hello 2

JensD
08-01-2006, 05:28 PM
I want to introduce myself to the LightWave community.

I used to use C4D as my main application but the material system and the excellent renderer in LightWave (not the GI part) made me curious.

After a while of trying it out, i noticed that there are more features in LW which make it good (HyperVoxels for example). So think Lightwave will have a permanent place in my little pipeline.

Greetings

Jens

T-Light
08-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Welcome aboard, You've joined at a time when LW is just getting better and better - AND the improvements have only just begun. Hang on to your hat and enjoy the ride :)

StereoMike
08-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Enjoy your stay!
Besides just the cool program, lightwave has a really great, helpful and friendly community. Everyone's willing to help you getting into LW.
Make sure you also register at spinquad.com and make a bookmark for flay.com.

Mike

Skinner3D
08-01-2006, 07:27 PM
:thumbsup: Welcome and Welcome again. After a bit of time Lightwave is going to become one of your best friends, along with fprime, zbrush, screamernet, 1001 various other plugins/programs that work with Lightwave, etc, and so on and so forth. I think you get the picture:D
I hope Lightwave meets your expectations and more.
:goodluck:

Earl
08-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Welcome Jens! I concur with Brent - things are changing fast, and LW will be surprising us I think...

hrgiger
08-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Yes, welcome. And I agree with the others, I think you've joined on at a good time with Lightwave. We're starting to see some real significant change in Lightwave and I think that the 9.x series will be very impressive.

BazC
08-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Definately! Fantastic community too, welcome from another old C4d'er!