08-01-2006, 09:25 AM
You Mac guys got an entire press release all to yourselves. :cool:
http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/08-01-06f.html

Avebeno
08-01-2006, 10:06 AM
WooHoo! I wish I was at SIGGRAPH!

gatz
08-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Don't rush it out too fast... I have to milk this PPC for all its worth;)

Good news.

rg

avkills
08-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Oh yeah! Makes my core duo mini renderfarm maybe more of a reality. ;)

Anyone want to loan me $3000?

-mark

Lightwolf
08-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Good news indeed, I'll finally be able to fire up XCode for LW plugins :D

Cheers,
Mike

jeremyhardin
08-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Don't rush it out too fast... I have to milk this PPC for all its worth;)

Good news.

rg

it will work on PPC too (and faster). :D

and in time, it could allow for more flexible scripting and tying into the OS (much like LW can tie into the dos prompt now).

not to mention that Xcode should be able to compile plugins for LW now. No more Codewarrior or (shudder) MPW.

sweetness indeed. :thumbsup:

BazC
08-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Excellent! Hopefully the next betas will be UB!

monovich
08-01-2006, 01:54 PM
rockin!

I'm running AMD these days, but I'll be back on Mac when they release the Pro Desktops...

kief
08-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Wooohoooo!

Weepul
08-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Great news! :)

marble_sheep
08-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Huzzah! This is great news. Thank you, Newtek! Now I have even more reasons to drop the cash on a Pro desktop then they come out. (My bank account shudders in horror...)

Of course my first year living in LA, Siggraph moves to Boston. Psshh.

Kuzey
08-02-2006, 04:32 AM
Wonderful indeed!!

Has anyone seen the Lw9 UB demos at Siggraph yet ?

Kuzey

gjjackson
08-02-2006, 07:37 AM
I'm not on a Mac, never used a Mac, but I'm just wondering what exactly is a Universal Binary. What's the difference between that and what is available now. How would that relate to Windows with executable file extensions, exe, com, bat etc.

Lightwolf
08-02-2006, 07:42 AM
I'm not on a Mac, never used a Mac, but I'm just wondering what exactly is a Universal Binary. What's the difference between that and what is available now. How would that relate to Windows with executable file extensions, exe, com, bat etc.
Basically, a universal binary is one executeable file that contains code compiled for more than one processor architecture.
For the Mac, currently it means that code compiled for PPC and intel processors are contained in one file. When the app is launched, the OS runs the binary compiled for the current CPU, other parts of the UB aren't loaded into memory.
Other assets embedded in the binary/executeable, such as images (think LW splash) are shared.
The actually code is explicitly compiled twice (once for every CPU architecture), but stored in a single file, mainly for convenience.

If windows would support something like that, LW for windows could (for example) be shipped as a single .exe that runs 32 or 64bit code depending on the OS and processor.

Cheers,
Mike

TomT
08-02-2006, 07:44 AM

UB's contain both PPC-native code (G4, G5) and Intel-native code (like that found in the Macbook Pros, Mac Mini.) Windows has always been on Intel and Intel-clones (like AMD) so, there isn't really an equivalent. Your .com and .exe files contain Intel-instuction set-native code and thats all you need. Because Apple is transitioning to new chips, we need both. (For example, my G5 Quad is PPC, but my Macbook Pro is Intel.)

For us, it's like Windows went from 286 chips to 386 chips in the Windows 3 days. :)

Without UB, we can't run LW very effectively (read performance) on Apple's newest hardware. (We have a built-in PowerPC emulator called Rosetta, but it's a bit slow. Modelling is OK, but rendering isn't where it should be.)

Captain Obvious
08-02-2006, 07:44 AM
As you may know, Apple has switched processors from PowerPCs by Freescale and IBM to x86s by Intel. x86 and PowerPC is not compatible. You have to recompile and such. It's not really that big an issue, if it weren't for one thing: The application used to develop many of the older applications for Mac, Codewarrior, is not available for Intel Macs. So first you have to port your application to Apple's own Xcode, and then port THAT to x86.

A universal binary is a binary containing both PowerPC and x86 code, and thusly runs at full speed on both x86 and PowerPC.

gjjackson
08-02-2006, 07:59 AM
TomT and Capt'n O;

Thanks for the replies. I see what's going on. I keep hearing all these Mac guy's talking about the Macs and really couldn't get grasp on what it was all about. What windows needs to do is completely abandon all the backward compatibility in a version and start from scratch. That would be the only way to get a clean OS. I don't know how Macs have handled that issue. I Did use Linux for awhile but disliked all the effort involved in configuring the OS.

And I had wondered if Mac OS is running on intel, could then the Mac OS be run on a PC instead of Windows.

Chilton
08-02-2006, 08:17 AM
Hi,

I'm not sure how Microsoft is handling things under Vista, but in MacOSX, we had a fairly sophisticated 'emulator' called Classic. Technically it wasn't exactly an emulator, but that's for another time. It basically ran all of your old software in a sandbox. Similarly, on Intel machines, PowerPC code runs in an emulator.

However, much of the same underlying code still works today, it just has to be recompiled for the target platform. The problems arise in the tiny bits where they did not replace the bits they removed in the SDKs.

(not sure that helps at all ;-) )

Answering your last question though, the MacOS kernel has always maintained a PC version. NeXT was a PC hardware-only operating system when it was purchased by Apple. It's open source, and can be found at http://developer.apple.com/opensource/index.html

Early versions of the MacOS were hacked to run on other Intel hardware. Early Apple developer machines were P4s. It's still possible to run the MacOS on (Non-Apple) Intel based hardware, but not something Apple will allow for a variety of reasons.

-Chilton

dsol
08-02-2006, 09:44 AM
UB's contain both PPC-native code (G4, G5) and Intel-native code (like that found in the Macbook Pros, Mac Mini.) Windows has always been on Intel and Intel-clones (like AMD) so, there isn't really an equivalent. Your .com and .exe files contain Intel-instuction set-native code and thats all you need. Because Apple is transitioning to new chips, we need both. (For example, my G5 Quad is PPC, but my Macbook Pro is Intel.)

Mmmm... the non-apple-specific term for this is "fat binaries". Windows NT (and by extension, XP + 2000) supports them too y'know. I remember the heady days of running LW on DEC Alpha with NT4. It was a prerequisite for NT as it was compiled for quite a few different architectures (x86, MIPS, PPC & Alpha). The more things change, the more they stay the same :)

Can't wait for the UB version of LW. Now if only Adobe could follow up with info on a UB aftereffects....

3dworks
08-02-2006, 10:37 AM
it will work on PPC too (and faster). :D

really? will there be a benefit for PPC users, too?

markus

Chilton
08-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi Markus,

markus

Yes, the move to Mach-O will speed things up somewhat, even on PPC. However, we're committed to fixing a number of bugs from the 9.0 release, and addressing a few speed issues as well. This dot update should make everyone happy, or at least make the world a better place.

-Chilton

gjjackson
08-02-2006, 12:30 PM
I just happened to remember an image I have (Windows new version, seen this some time ago).

Answering your last question though, the MacOS kernel has always maintained a PC version. NeXT was a PC hardware-only operating system when it was purchased by Apple. It's open source, and can be found at http://developer.apple.com/opensource/index.html

I'll have to check that out.

gerry_g
08-02-2006, 02:01 PM

Yes we now have the certainty and peace of mind in knowing that if we want to upgrade in the future from V9.0 to V 10 we'll need to raid our bank account for a new poota !!

Weepul
08-02-2006, 07:08 PM
This is probably undisclosable info a this point, but I thought I'd ask anyway: will Xcode plugins definitely work with the UB version of LW? Will old plugins no longer be compatible without a recompile? I do seem to remember your saying there was some exciting news regarding plugins a while back... ;)

eidetiken
08-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Glad to hear progress is being made on the UB. The tools in Version 9 modeler have been running very very slow on my Intel iMac. It takes forever to smoothsift, multishift, or move the knife tool, along with other tools that seem to stall when trying to move or drag them. All things that a UB should resolve.

Clinton, I'm curious about the new Mac SDK for those of us that want to work on plugins?

Chilton
08-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Hi Weepul, if that is your real name,

This is probably undisclosable info a this point, but I thought I'd ask anyway: will Xcode plugins definitely work with the UB version of LW? Will old plugins no longer be compatible without a recompile? I do seem to remember your saying there was some exciting news regarding plugins a while back... ;)

The exciting news might be trumped by totally more exciting news, so I'm hesitant to say anything about the first exciting news. Basically, we're making great strides on the Mac side, which will be obvious to anyone lucky enough to see the demo in its current state.

I'll have a more solid, and far more informative set of things to say after next week (WWDC!!!). However, I can divulge this much--XCode based plugins will most definitely work in the UB version of LightWave.

-Chilton

Chilton
08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi Eidetiken,

Glad to hear progress is being made on the UB. The tools in Version 9 modeler have been running very very slow on my Intel iMac.

I assure you, it's quite smooth. Butter-like in fact.

It takes forever to smoothsift, multishift, or move the knife tool, along with other tools that seem to stall when trying to move or drag them. All things that a UB should resolve.

You'll be happy with the UB version then. It's impressive to see things that are somewhat choppy (on a dual 2.5 G5) actually move fluidly on an Intel iMac.

Clinton, I'm curious about the new Mac SDK for those of us that want to work on plugins?

Despite my entirely presidential swagger, I am sorry to report that I am not the former US President, but am in fact a year or two shy of being able to run for that office.

But to answer your question, wait until after the WWDC for a definitive answer. In the meantime, if you can find a copy of CodeWarrior for sale somewhere, that's the current (yet not so great) answer.

-Chilton

Weepul
08-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Hi Weepul, if that is your real name,
Heh, it's not - but as my chosen alias, it is what I go by for public communications on the 'net. I'll recognize it on-screen better than my real name. ;)

The exciting news might be trumped by totally more exciting news, so I'm hesitant to say anything about the first exciting news. Basically, we're making great strides on the Mac side, which will be obvious to anyone lucky enough to see the demo in its current state.

I'll have a more solid, and far more informative set of things to say after next week (WWDC!!!). However, I can divulge this much--XCode based plugins will most definitely work in the UB version of LightWave.
Well, I'm certainly excited - and I can only imagine. :D I've one new question to pose: are these exciting developments true for both PPC and Intel platforms? (And I ask somewhat hesitantly...look at my forum sig for why. ;))

Chilton
08-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Hi Weepul,

Heh, it's not - but as my chosen alias, it is what I go by for public communications on the 'net. I'll recognize it on-screen better than my real name. ;)

Well, I'm certainly excited - and I can only imagine. :D I've one new question to pose: are these exciting developments true for both PPC and Intel platforms? (And I ask somewhat hesitantly...look at my forum sig for why. ;))

Yes, there will be excitement all around.

-Chilton

eidetiken
08-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Clinton,

You're recommending I get an outdated and unsupported version of CodeWarrior for asking a question about the NEW upcoming Mac SDK?

Chilton
08-02-2006, 09:29 PM
eidetiken,

Clinton,
You're recommending I get an outdated and unsupported version of CodeWarrior for asking a question about the NEW upcoming Mac SDK?

No, I'm recommending that if you want to start *rightthisverysecond* you go dig up a copy of CodeWarrior. Very, very soon, you'll be using XCode for this though. And in the NEW Mac SDK, you will most definitely use XCode.

Sorry for any confusion.

- Chilton

archiea
08-03-2006, 12:06 AM
regarding the news.. thanks NT for finally making it somewhat official.. still.. its going to be a rocky road for us mac users.. we have an OS in transition.. granted that part has been painless, but we also have LW in transition.. both in compiled version and app architecture... so this may mean that stability may be an issue for the next couple of years...

jeremyhardin
08-03-2006, 12:54 AM
totally excited about this...and I'm really impressed that this will be a point update and not a full version upgrade. Really nice.

**waits paitently for all the good news**
:D

BazC
08-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Yeah this is all starting to sound too good to be true, can't wait! :D

Kuzey
08-03-2006, 04:46 AM
What...so I guess no one saw the UB demo yet ? :D

It would be so cool to see Steve Jobs walk on stage and open a new MacBook Pro (August edition) with LW UB version running.

:D

Kuzey

Chilton
08-03-2006, 08:16 AM
That's not going to happen at WWDC this year. And unfortunately, my backup plan to throw a LightWave embroidered sweater to Steve on stage has not met with the approval of my superiors.

ALTHOUGH, if you look closely, when Steve first walks out on stage, he will do a slight hand gesture, also known as a 'light wave', which is of course a nod to his favorite 3D app.

-Chilton

Kuzey
08-04-2006, 06:58 AM
That's not going to happen at WWDC this year. And unfortunately, my backup plan to throw a LightWave embroidered sweater to Steve on stage has not met with the approval of my superiors.

ALTHOUGH, if you look closely, when Steve first walks out on stage, he will do a slight hand gesture, also known as a 'light wave', which is of course a nod to his favorite 3D app.

-Chilton

Oh well.....what about plan c, jump on stage wearing a LW t-shirt & hat and give Steve a bear hug.

No one will know you're from Newtek :D

Kuzey

mlinde
08-04-2006, 07:59 AM
regarding the news.. thanks NT for finally making it somewhat official.. still.. its going to be a rocky road for us mac users.. we have an OS in transition.. granted that part has been painless, but we also have LW in transition.. both in compiled version and app architecture... so this may mean that stability may be an issue for the next couple of years...
In a minor attempt to break through the doom and gloom here archiea, explain the difference between now and the last 5 years, as far as your "rocky road" the Mac OS has had an annual binge/purge update with 10.x releases managing to make or break something ever since OS X came out. The smoothest transition I've seen as a Mac user (for about 15 years now) in recent memory is the on-going PPC to Intel transition. The OS is out and about running smooth, native/universal apps knock the socks off of previously PPC only versions of the same application, and a good number of those PPC apps still run (abeit slightly slower than on native chips) on the new machines. Compare this to the nightmares that were 10.0, 10.1, and most of 10.2 as far as graphics, hardware accessories (think scanners), device drivers, and applications. I think that this transition, the most frightening for any (but the long-long time mac users who are still running OS 9 for their Print Production or old-school AVID workflows who still won't go near that X thing), is actually going smoother than I expected.

As someone who has spent long, nearly sleepless nights debating on whether to buy now (a new G5 tower) or later (the intel machines are the future), later has become more plausible because more of my core tools are UB. If only someone could light a fire under Adobe...

byte_fx
08-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Is it August 9th yet?

byte_fx

Chilton
08-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Hi,

No, I think today is the 4th.

-Chilton

ScottSullivan
08-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Ooohhh, such a tease! So close, yet so far.

Scott

byte_fx
08-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Chilton -

Yeah - still only the 4th.

sigh

grumble

What with WWDC and looking forward to more complete updates here time is really dragging.

I'm developing a sore neck from looking at the calendar 20 times an hour to see if the date has changed.

Even worse will be the wait for a few days past the 9th waiting for some reviews and user feedback on the new Macs before deciding whether to buy a G5 or Intel based system.

The wait for v 9 was nothing compared to this.

byte_fx

Kuzey
08-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey Chilton,

Where's the one with the updated icon (lw9 style)...you'll get into trouble from the higher ups :D

Kuzey

Chilton
08-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Hey Chilton,

Where's the one with the updated icon (lw9 style)...you'll get into trouble from the higher ups :D

Kuzey

The icon shape should be identical to the latest official icon. The icon colors are the Universal Binary colors. Also, this is merely the disk image, not the application icon. And, it's entirely possible this icon will never see the light of day.

-Chilton

amigo
08-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what's happening on August 9th?!?

Steve Jobs' keynote at WWDC is on August 7th in the morning and that is most likely when anything new would be announced, schedule for August 9 does not show anything of significance...

Chilton
08-05-2006, 04:14 PM
August 9th will be the day I run out of the WWDC conference, stolen Tablet Mac in hand, dodging flying Leopard disks hurled at me by an angry Steve Jobs. Or at least that's how it is in my dreams.

-Chilton

amigo
08-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Chilton,

you might actually get a preview copy of Leopard at WWDC. Though, don't hold your breath on seeing a Tablet Mac. Apparently it would cost too much to produce and only the "elite" Mac users would end up buying it while most likely the rest of Mac world would opt for a MacBook instead of a Tablet Mac (according to some sources, might all be fiction anyways) :)

Chilton
08-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Hi,

I've been pining away for a Tablet Mac for years. Truth is, I doubt they'd release one. I still have my Newton 2100 though, so I'm good.

The best argument against a Tablet Mac is that you can't type on it, only draw. Now if only there were a computer company whose core user base was largely comprised of artists ;-)

Yeah, I'm sure they'll give me a preview copy of Leopard. I'd be surprised if they didn't. But I expect big things from Apple, and so far they haven't disappointed.

Personally, I'm hoping for something big, other than the G5's successor.

(I've said before that I'd gladly drop up to $5,000 on a Tablet Mac. Any other Mac though, needs to be price competitive)

-Chilton

amigo
08-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Good old Newton, I have a friend who still keeps hauling that thing with him around his waist and swears by it. And now to think of it, Newton does seem to have been revolutionary in a sense, with many people still using it even today.

As for WWDC, you are almost there, few more hours from my posting and the rest of the world will know about the latest goodies from Apple. I just hope that the prices will be affordable, I am not worried about design or anything else, I'm sure it will be up to Apple standards. :)

jeremyhardin
08-06-2006, 08:02 PM
on a side note...it's quite nice to have a voice in these forums talking about newtons, applescript, steve jobs sweaters, etc.

nothing against previous communications on the mac board, but it's definitely a nice change to the previous "if we get around to it, mac LW will be kinda nice too" feel of things. Feels like we've got 'one of us' on the inside. Which, considering that Newtek makes software for 'us', is very comforting.
(**** that sounds polarized mac-fanboyish. but oh well.)

thanks for the words, Chilton/Newtek.

Chilton
08-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Hi Jeremy,

It doesn't get more Mac-fanboyish than me. I have an OS9 Finder cap, compliments of Mac Surf Shop, before Apple brought the smack down on them for copyright infringement. As far as I know, it's one of the few in existence.

-Chilton

Kuzey
08-07-2006, 01:23 PM
The icon shape should be identical to the latest official icon. The icon colors are the Universal Binary colors. Also, this is merely the disk image, not the application icon. And, it's entirely possible this icon will never see the light of day.

-Chilton

I thought you were into creating your own unsupported icons.

:hey:

Kuzey

BazC
08-07-2006, 01:29 PM
So Chilton, Apple say Leopard will be fully 64bit, does that mean 64bit Mac LW is now possible? BTW I understand if you don't have enough info to be sure yet!

PS Hope you're having a great WWDC!

Kuzey
08-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Apple say Leopard will be fully 64bit

More great news.....it feels like a birthday but mine passed a few months ago :thumbsup:

Kuzey

Weepul
08-07-2006, 03:43 PM
I remember the days when the new models would be 1.2x, 1.3x faster...not nearly double. 8~

*looks at his G5 Quad wistfully*

And yes, I must echo the sentiment that it's very refreshing and heartening to see responsive, enthusiastic posts from the Mac dev. It's nice to know somebody cares. ;) I'm still eagerly awaiting the exciting LW news!

Chilton
08-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Well, no LW news today, but there are a lot of things that Apple demo'd today after the keynote that are scary powerful. How much of it we'll be able to implement--that remains to be seen. But this was easily the most impressive continuous demonstration of jaw-dropping, processor grinding, eye-candy I've ever seen.

I don't know about the previous WWDCs, but this one is awesome. The rep from one of the video card manufacturers kept muttering curse words under his breath during part of the demo. Very cool, very powerful stuff here.

And that's all I can say about that ;-)

-Chilton

Chilton
08-07-2006, 11:35 PM
So Chilton, Apple say Leopard will be fully 64bit, does that mean 64bit Mac LW is now possible? BTW I understand if you don't have enough info to be sure yet!

PS Hope you're having a great WWDC!

Hi,

So far, it's great. Free coffee, free cookies, free PowerBook (er MacBook Pro) case, free Leopard DVD, and volumes of things that I can't talk about, and am not really sure I actually saw, today.

-Chilton

BazC
08-08-2006, 01:15 AM
Hi,

So far, it's great. Free coffee, free cookies, free PowerBook (er MacBook Pro) case, free Leopard DVD, and volumes of things that I can't talk about, and am not really sure I actually saw, today.

-Chilton

LOL! It's OK you can tell us, no-one will know I promise! :D

amigo
08-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Come on Chilton, don't keep us thirsty, give us some water... :)

archiea
08-08-2006, 07:57 PM
In a minor attempt to break through the doom and gloom here archiea, explain the difference between now and the last 5 years, as far as your "rocky road" the Mac OS has had an annual binge/purge update with 10.x releases managing to make or break something ever since OS X came out. The smoothest transition I've seen as a Mac user (for about 15 years now) in recent memory is the on-going PPC to Intel transition. The OS is out and about running smooth, native/universal apps knock the socks off of previously PPC only versions of the same application, and a good number of those PPC apps still run (abeit slightly slower than on native chips) on the new machines. Compare this to the nightmares that were 10.0, 10.1, and most of 10.2 as far as graphics, hardware accessories (think scanners), device drivers, and applications. I think that this transition, the most frightening for any (but the long-long time mac users who are still running OS 9 for their Print Production or old-school AVID workflows who still won't go near that X thing), is actually going smoother than I expected.

As someone who has spent long, nearly sleepless nights debating on whether to buy now (a new G5 tower) or later (the intel machines are the future), later has become more plausible because more of my core tools are UB. If only someone could light a fire under Adobe...

well, the key is how difficult is the thransition of LW to Xcode WHILE the core rewrite is happening...

Weepul
08-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Was it "wait until the 9th" or "wait until after the 9th"? :p

Chilton
08-10-2006, 08:40 AM
I suppose it can be either way now ;-)

-Chilton

BazC
08-14-2006, 10:48 AM

-Chilton

So when do we get to hear the exciting news? Hmm? Soon? Huh? Please? :D

jeremyhardin
08-14-2006, 11:33 AM
So when do we get to hear the exciting news? Hmm? Soon? Huh? Please? :D

***and the board goes quiet as we all wait for a response***

Chilton
08-14-2006, 03:25 PM
***and the board goes quiet as we all wait for a response***

Hi,

Before I went to WWDC, I thought it would be a good chance to get in front of an engineer or two, and ask them, possibly plead with them, to help me.

When I arrived there, five of Apple's performance engineers and two Intel engineers crowded around me in one of their labs. By the end of the week, I had more ideas regarding what to do next than I'll ever have time to pursue.

This week will be spent mainly looking over my notes, and working with the other NewTek engineers to figure out where we go next.

However, that good news I alluded to earlier is still on the drawing board, and I hope to have a more concrete version of it ready for everyone this week.

-Chilton

BazC
08-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Sounds good, thanks Chilton!

Scazzino
08-14-2006, 03:44 PM
I can't wait to see what you guys can do with some of the new Mac technology... :boogiedow

Kuzey
08-15-2006, 04:24 AM
When I arrived there, five of Apple's performance engineers and two Intel engineers crowded around me in one of their labs.
-Chilton

So have you heard about the one where 8 engineers walk into a room. The Newtek Mac engineer turns to the five Apple and two Intel engineers and.........:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see the results!

Kuzey

dsol
08-18-2006, 04:41 AM
Is it anything to do with this - OpenGL in Leopard being redesigned to use/be LLVM?
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2006-August/006492.html

OSX OGL will hopefully be running "hella fast" (to use the technical term) in Leopard. Wonder if MS are doing anything similar in Vista (well, if not - they will be doing it now!)

EDIT: though after reading TFA it does sound like the main benefits of this are setups where hardware-acceleration of OpenGL is poorly implemented or non-existent. Intel "Extreme" graphics then :)

dsol
08-18-2006, 05:41 AM
Mmmmmm... doubling frame rates.
http://www.insidemacgames.com/features/tuncersblog.php?ID=106

Multithreaded OGL, we all love Multithreaded OGL (unless we're developers maybe ;) )

richardsan
08-24-2006, 11:21 AM
::tick, tock, tick, tock::
stretch....yawn...

"what day is it?"

griggsyboy
08-31-2006, 03:28 AM
so are you guys any closer to getting the UB out of the window, dont let me have to use lightwave in bootcamp on my mac please!!!!