PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer - Exiting edit mode?

Yadatsme
07-31-2006, 09:24 AM
When using motion mixer, if you save the scene while still in 'Motion edit mode' then exit the progam; when you open layout and load the scene, the timeline in motion mixer is still 'gray' or still in 'Motion edit mode'.

The problem is when you click the edit button to exit 'Motion edit mode' you recieve a dialogue indicating no motion is selected. How do you tell the software you wish to return to standard timeline edit?

This is really annoying as I have saves scenes that I seem to be no longer able to edit having put conciderable work into them.

thedott
01-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Did you ever resolve this issue?

Tom Wood
01-20-2007, 10:11 AM
After editing the motion hit Edit Motion again and you should get a dialogue box that asks for several options regarding the changes. I've noticed that after making some changes MM will say the change failed. But if I save the new motion it will have succeeded. It doesn't sound like a good idea to close the scene while in the middle of making changes in MM.

Castius
01-20-2007, 10:19 AM
You can fix this by editing one line in the scene file. I forget the line I'll see if i can find the post that i made about this.

Castius
01-20-2007, 10:43 AM
open the LW scene in a test editor and look for theses lines.

Plugin MasterHandler 1 MotionMixer
{ motionMixerData
{ Actor
AddActor "test"
ActorState 0

then change this line.

ActorState 0

to

ActorState 1

Then save the scene to a new file. It should open nicely in LW again.