PDA

View Full Version : LW9.0 webhelp system...

Cageman
07-31-2006, 09:10 AM
Hi.

Have anyone else noticed the lower quality of the Web-help system in LW9 compared to LW8? (I'm talking about how it looks, not the content itself).

LW8 looks really neat, while LW9 looks like all the polishing has gone away...

SaT
07-31-2006, 09:19 AM
You are right. The content is very comprehensive, but the polishing has gone away. Same here.

Penforhire
07-31-2006, 09:27 AM
I don't care about the polish but I wish they'd add some meat to it.

stib
08-02-2006, 03:35 AM
lw8 help was teh suxxor. Try looking something up while you have a render going in the background. All that animated kruft that had nothing to do with the content, meant that the page would take five minutes to load.

I'm glad they've lost the "polish", but I wish they'd beef it up some more with some good content.

Cageman
08-02-2006, 04:32 AM
lw8 help was teh suxxor. Try looking something up while you have a render going in the background. All that animated kruft that had nothing to do with the content, meant that the page would take five minutes to load.

I'm glad they've lost the "polish", but I wish they'd beef it up some more with some good content.

That is true, but LW8.x bog down the system so I can't do much while rendering anyways. On the other hand.. LW9 seems to multitask alot better than previous versions. I can easily surf the web without hickups and still render with both processors. This is a big no-no when using LW8.x, for me at least.

And yes... some more beefy content would be nice!

Phil
08-02-2006, 05:18 AM
I wish they would link content from the documentation. Include tutorials in the descriptions and link to scenes/archives that illustrate the concepts. Think MSDN for LW (and actually....bring all of the developer documentation up to scratch with tutorials and the like - it's very much showing its age).

That would really help, especially for things like Nodal and expressions.

If you really want to get interesting, allow for notes to be added to the documentation (without blowing them away during an update from, say, 9.0 to 9.1).