PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with the new LW[8] upgrade?

Aegis
06-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Doesn't it seem a little strange to people that if you take advantage of NewTek's newest upgrade offer for LightWave [8] that you don't get any manuals, CD's or packaging?

I've just picked up a cheap copy of 5.6 and was planning on upgrading it to 7.5 so I could get the free upgrade to 8 however - this new deal seems excellent i.e. pre-upgrade to LW8, get a free copy of DFX+ and get a download of 7.5 in the interim - the only thing is, when 8 comes out you still only get a download so no hardcopy manuals for 7.5 OR 8.0 :confused:

I know it's still a great deal (and I'll probably sign up for it anyway) but it IS nice to have packaging, CD's and particularly the manuals and seeing as it's an advance upgrade to 8 which isn't even out yet it seems strange you wouldn't get these things. I've bought and sold a few LightWave licenses before as well and I must say, a burned CD of LightWave [8] and a hardware key certainly wouldn't be as re-saleable on eBay as a boxed copy with manuals...

Or have I just mis-interpreted the announcements? What does everyone else think?

hrgiger
06-04-2003, 01:58 PM
Let's see. Pay $495 and get a $1700 compositing program and then get to download 8 for free. Throw in another $99 for a CD, box and manual. So you have just paid $600 for $2200 worth of software. Seems like an ok deal for me.

I think most people on Ebay are really just looking to get a legal copy of the software with dongle. If it's really a big issue, pay the $99 and up your asking price by that much if you think it will make a better incentive.

Just my .02 cents.

Aegis
06-04-2003, 04:58 PM
I'm not questioning that it's a good deal and as noted I'm certainly considering it (actually far more interested in a UK VT[3] deal like the one on offer in the US at the moment but nobody's talking about that...), it just seems kinda odd that something promoted as an pre-release upgrade to LW 8 leaves you with more "physical" Eyeon product than it does NewTek's.

On the issue of reselling, firstly I have to say that LightWave users are a fortunate bunch indeed as at least we have the option of selling our licenses however I think you're wrong about eBay users just wanting a legit license - I've sold many items via eBay and in my experience you get a very low interest unless you can show buyers pics of what you're selling (understandably) also, there's a high volume of idiots selling pirated software which makes buying products like LightWave a risky business. I'm pretty sure if I put my copy of LightWave 8 up for sale with a picture of a CD-R and a hardware key I wouldn't get any takers in the 400-700 mark.

Also, it may be just me but when I upgrade I EXPECT a hardcopy manual (pdf and html manuals suck) and with Dan Ablan's "Inside" series costing $60, I don't expect to pay an extra $99 for it...

I'm curious to see what happens when 8 is released and if this marks a desire on NewTek's part to cut costs by not shipping physical updates.

Just my $0.02 ;)

riki
06-04-2003, 07:33 PM
Personally I think it would be better if they did away with the printed manual altogether. I've got a stack of them building up in my cupboard. Then Newtek could focus on the PDF and provide regular updates. Print media is dead, digital is the way to go.

toby
06-04-2003, 11:38 PM
I don' t think you can do away with books until laptops become as cheap and durable :^)

And I think it is too good a deal (If you can use "DFX") to worry about $99.00 for hard copies.

hrgiger
06-05-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Aegis

Also, it may be just me but when I upgrade I EXPECT a hardcopy manual (pdf and html manuals suck) and with Dan Ablan's "Inside" series costing $60, I don't expect to pay an extra $99 for it...

Just my $0.02 ;)

Well, so you pretty much have your choice. You can take advantage of this deal now and pay another $99 for your manual, box and CD later. Or you can wait until 8 comes out and get the manual, box and CD with your normal upgrade price without the Eyeon deal.
You're getting a much better bargain by buying it now and buying your manual later, if you're interested in the eyeon software that is.
I do agree that pdf manuals suck and they're nothing I want to spend hours going through staring at the computer screen. I spend enough time staring at the monitor as it is. Besides, I love having a book in my hands. You can take it anywhere.

toby
06-05-2003, 02:29 AM
yes, my new invention, the "digi-book", is just what you need . It will render paper books obsolete. LCD screen that's easy to look at, leather bound and solid state electronics for durability, waterproof to 50 meters, reads text and pdf's from flash memory cards, and only $5.95! order now! :^D

mattclary
06-05-2003, 07:15 AM
Yeah, that's the price you pay for buying the upgarde early. Worked out pretty good for me, had been holding out on upgrading 6.5. I upgraded to 7.5 within 30 minutes of Chuck making the announcement.

jimnokc
06-05-2003, 07:35 AM
I think it's a smart move by Newtek. The upgrade is priced $100 more than the current upgrade price, but lets face facts, $495 is a bargain for DFX+ alone, not including the two modules or the LW upgrade! NewTek could have said it was $595 with a physical shipment, but then there would have probably been a lot of folks who didn't want to pay the extra "hidden" fees for the book, CD, and packaging.

Being in a somewhat rural area, downloading the update isn't a viable option for me, but people with broadband connections would probably prefer to download it. I still consider it a bargain at $598....

riki
06-05-2003, 08:15 AM
mmm I'm staring at a screen up to 18 hours a day every day. So it's no biggy for me.

Hurben
06-05-2003, 08:46 AM
If you're concerned about putting an image on eBay then just make one yourself.. that could help sell the package also :)

ChrisS
06-05-2003, 09:02 AM
Just as an aside, I too prefer print over scrolling text. (Pretty sad about the demise of so many cool computer/3D magazines) Amongst other things, it's easier on the eyes. In the case of working with a manual, you can have the book next to you while working in a program.
Technology rocks, but it's not the solution to everything.
There's a phrase coined by, I believe, a US general in Afghanistan:
"A map with a bullet hole is still a map. A laptop with a bullet hole is a paperweight." :D

toby
06-05-2003, 01:18 PM
The NEW "Digibook" - Now Teflon-Kevlar coated! It's bullet proof! $4.95!

ChrisS
06-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by toby
The NEW "Digibook" - Now Teflon-Kevlar coated! It's bullet proof! $4.95!

Does it come in O.D. Green? ;)
In that case...

The Tin Man
06-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Hi first post...

Kept an eye on the forums for a while. Not purchased Lightwave yet, but should have within the next week.

Regarding the New Lightwave Bundle.

Does anyone know if this is actually a bundle for people in the UK as well. I think I have found that quite a lot of the time they are mostly US specific. At the moment the UK has it own bundle running. So I just wondered where people in the UK stand with this before I get the UK bundle (LW 7.5 + free U/G LW 8 + 5 Character Animation DVDs).

As for the free downlaod and no CDs and manuals. Well, I don't really like looking at a screen all day and I am definitely someone who wants the physical contact of an item. Hopefully we will get the chance to purchase both CDs and manuals as an option, which I think price wise should not be too bad anyway, especially as we seem to get so much for free.

p.s. can't wait to see the feature list for LW 8, roll on Siggraph......

Rei
06-05-2003, 04:01 PM
you know some guy in the US shot his laptop in public after it

crashed one to many times

belived to be a Dell too!

Aegis
06-05-2003, 04:01 PM
LightWave 3D [7.5] is available at authorized NewTek resellers worldwide for a suggested retail price of $1595US. To locate your nearest authorized reseller or distributor, see our reseller locater at http://www.newtek.com. Registered owners of LightWave 3D [7.5] or earlier are eligible to purchase an upgrade to LightWave [8] for $495US. Through June 30th, 2003, both full seats and upgrades will include DFX+, a $995 value, Module 1 - Visual Effects, a $495 value, and Module 4 - 3D Tools, a $295 value. Purchasers who would prefer to receive upgrades in package form with printed manual and CD rather than in electronic form will be able to purchase a Convenience Upgrade option for $99, directly from NewTek. For more information on the items offered and to purchase direct from NewTek, visit: http://www.newtek.com or call NewTek Sales at 1-800-368-5441, overseas callers dial +1-210-370-8000.

Aegis
06-05-2003, 04:02 PM
The Tin Man: Note the worldwide in the press release :)

The Tin Man
06-05-2003, 04:55 PM
Sorry....

Its just I have tried to find out before I make my decision as to which bundle to go for.

Someone from Newtek emailed me a link to Newtek-Europe which just points to the 5 DVD Bundle.

As for thinking it was US specific, well I have seen through some US online stores who have messages up stating not for sale outside the US (or that effect), so I was just clarfying this.

Also some of the sellers in the UK have not updated their sites yet to show any indication of this bundle. I have emailed Newtek Europe, although I would not expect a response for a couple of days (just the way it is)

Thanks for the info I will keep my eyes peeled for the info this side of the Atlantic.

T-Light
06-06-2003, 08:45 AM
Hi Tin Man,

I had the same problem the other day.

I saw the upgrade on Newtek.com.
They only seem to ship to the US, I contacted a couple of retailers in the UK, the first didn't know anything about the offer (they thought DFX+ was a plugin!!!), the second was emailing Newtek-Europe as I called, they had seen it on the Newtek site, and were trying to get confirmation on wether the same offer was available to UK customers.

To answer the question once and for all, I called Newtek sales in the States to see if they new anything about the offer in Europe.

The answer is 'YES'!, this offer is available to European customers.

The only problem is...

Newtek Europe are still showing no signs of the offer on their site...

European Retailers still don't seem to know anything about it...

There's about fifteen business days left before the offer closes. :eek:

The Tin Man
06-06-2003, 03:26 PM
I always seem to find the Europe website to be slow on updates.

As for this offer, I have been in contact with an English supplier who can get this, they have done me proud and have found out about this when I asked them. What you should remember is the overall cost conversion to Pounds, shipping costs and of course the dreaded customs tax. I have looked at it and if you are going to use Digital Fusion it could be very good, it still works out at an incredible deal. I think some people have suggested (especially for Mac Users) that you could sell it if you don't want it and let it pay some of the cost of Lightwave off, though who knows how much for? I am not sure I could be bothered with selling it anyway.

At the moment I am still swaying towards the 5 DVD Character animation set, and then poosible using the price difference to put towards another composition software package. I am still working out what to do mind.

The Tin Man
06-06-2003, 03:27 PM
I always seem to find the Europe website to be slow on updates.

As for this offer, I have been in contact with an English supplier who can get this, they have done me proud and have found out about this when I asked them. What you should remember is the overall cost conversion to Pounds, shipping costs and of course the dreaded customs tax. I have looked at it and if you are going to use Digital Fusion it could be very good, it still works out at an incredible deal. I think some people have suggested (especially for Mac Users) that you could sell it if you don't want it and let it pay some of the cost of Lightwave off, though who knows how much for? I am not sure I could be bothered with selling it anyway.

At the moment I am still swaying towards the 5 DVD Character animation set, and then possible using the price difference to put towards another composition software package. I am still working out what to do mind.

T-Light
06-06-2003, 06:01 PM
Hi Tin Man

What are we looking at?

I was thinking approx 330 plus vat - so about 400 + p&p,
have you been quoted something else?

We should be told... ;)

T-Light
06-06-2003, 06:33 PM
Hello again Tin Man

To anyone not living in the UK I apologise for this email (and in retrospect for the last) but here we go...

I originally bought LW last year - it was on special at the time for just under 1000, with VAT and P&P. This brought the price up to just under 1300 (Postage and 175 VAT). Being perfectly straight with you and not wanting to sound like a simpering fool...It was worth it.

I've bought software in the past few years, the price has dropped and I've felt hard done by. With the current Newtek offer (UK), I can't understand what Newtek are doing...Really!

I bought the software as the base package, no extras. Knowing Lightwave and the learning curve, I would say that any kind of educational material supplied with the product is an enormous bonus.

That said, I suppose the deal is up to you, I have five books on Lightwave (two books on Lightwave 7.0 (Three including the Newtek Manual)). Potentially you can learn an awful lot more with a 1200 page guide than you can with five DVD's. Saying that, as you'll probably buy some at a later stage anyway and if you're not interested in DFX+, I would say go for the current deal.

As far as I can gather the latest deal will give you LW 7.5,DFX+ and a free upgrade to LW 8.0 for approx $1595.

ie You'll be paying what I paid last year (1300 or so)

However, If DFX+ is not that important to you, some of the UK sites will sell you...
LW 7.5, aformentioned DVD's and the Free Upgrade for approx 695 + VAT + P&P

AMAZING :cool:

Ernest
06-07-2003, 03:02 AM
Through June 30th, 2003, both full seats and upgrades will include DFX+,
wait a minute. This doesn't mean that the regular upgrades to 7.5 (that upgrade to 8 during this time, right?) that sell everywhere for $369 also apply for dfx+?
Just to clarify. It is only the $495 upgrade that applies... right?
Sorry, the wording got me confused

T-Light
06-07-2003, 03:35 AM
Just to clarify Ernest,

Yes, Only the $495 offer applies to DFX+

Sorry for any confusion, but the prices I quoted were in GB pounds not US Dollars.

ie GB 330 = approx US 500
:)

cagey5
06-07-2003, 03:52 AM
I'm following this thread because I'm interested in taking advantage of the offer too but can't find the info on which dealers are aware of the dfx deal in the UK.
If anyone out there knows of a company lets start dropping a few names and locations in please.

T-Light
06-07-2003, 04:18 AM
Hi Cagey5

I still don't have any information unfortunately, One of the companies I rang the other day was trying to get information from Newtek-Europe, but as of yet - nothing.

The Tin Man mentions in this thread that he's found a UK supplier that will do the deal, but he doesn't mention who.

The only thing I know for sure so far is the people at 'www.onevideo.net' know about the offer, and are waiting for confirmation from Newtek-Europe.

I reckon by Monday or Tuesday we should know more. :)

cresshead
06-07-2003, 10:37 AM
re the u.k deal...
the current deal has lw and 5 dvd's, which one of my students bought last week [i teach max/combustion at college] as i'm trying to turn them all toward lightwave as i'll be making lightwave courses soon as well.

the dvd's are excellent for those wanting to make characters and animate them..there's around 16hours of video in total on the dvd collection...not for the newbie user but after a couple of months you'd really get a good foot up to being a stunning animator/modeler..i lent him some of my lw intro dvd's tapes to get him upto speed....

so for other prospective lw buyers out there...

do you need digital fusion+?
or wold you like a large collection of traing dvd's?

i'd go for the training for lw...mind you i have combustion so
i'm not too concerned with fusion at this point.

steve g

cagey5
06-07-2003, 11:28 AM
Thanks for that t-light. One video is where I bought my copy originally so I'll see what they know next week.

The Tin Man
06-07-2003, 04:07 PM
Hi Guys

Anybody in the UK should also try Trimedia (www.trimediaonline.co.uk). As far as I know it will still be shipped in from the US and so tax has to be added etc, but you could email them or ring up and see what they can do. If anyone knows better regarding shiiping in from the US or has specific UK pricing please share.

I will be ordering the LW 7.5 (DVD Bundle) next week. I have no need for DFX+ but think if I wanted to use something later I could use the price difference to put towards comething like Combustion, Commotion Pro or After Effects. I was going to suggest a thread for what people think of each composition package but I think one has already been started. Its seem that the price for upgarding and getting DFX+ is really a no brainer, almost like giving it away for free (why do they do this crazy thing?).

later..

MarkG
06-10-2003, 11:54 AM
www.onevideo.net certainly have the offer up now for UKP 399.50 including VAT; I'm just wondering whether I'll find DFX+ useful enough to justify buying it... guess I'll have to download the demo and give it a try.

cresshead
06-10-2003, 12:08 PM
great though the offer is i'm just wondering what maybe the next offer in store as i already have combustion 2 so i really don't need a 8bit restricted compositor...though i could sell it on possibly [if they let you]

steve g

Chuck
06-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by cresshead
great though the offer is i'm just wondering what maybe the next offer in store as i already have combustion 2 so i really don't need a 8bit restricted compositor...though i could sell it on possibly [if they let you]

steve g

or you could upgrade to Digital Fusion...

cresshead
06-10-2003, 03:19 PM
very true!
I've been reading good things about fusion....blur use it and also make some plugins for it..and they're a V big max house so you'd expect them to go with combustion...i may hang on to it if i get it as combustion 3 has an rather uncertain future due to the dev team for c2 laid off before it was out...

though combustion 2 does what i need it to so far...

definatley something to think about!

steve g

The Tin Man
06-11-2003, 12:43 AM
How do you compare Combustion to Digital Fusion?

The more I read on what some of these programs do the more I feel they may have some real use. I really had not thought about how to use anything like this bfore now, and was just going to concentrate on animating for now, but with an idea I have for a short film perhaps I should look more into this.

What you say about the uncertainty of Combustion 3 is a little worrying though, so again I will have to look into this.

As for the DFX+ deal, in the UK I have noticed that Onevideo.net has now updated their site with this new deal, both as an upgrade and a full product, not as bad price wise as I thought, though I may ask my supplier to see what they can do (www.trimediaonline.co.uk) once I finally get to a decision. i think on other thing is the fact that DF+ is PC only, would have been nice to have a Mac version.

Finally, perhaps Newtek could look at allowing people to buy these products seperately. So that people who already have the latest version could buy say the DFX+ at a great price (i.e. $300 by itself) and not limit it to new upgraders or new users. It would sort of be a loyalty thing, that way people aren't waiting to see what the next deal is and could just pick and choose as the deals are offered.

Just a thought anyhow.

Chuck
06-11-2003, 10:01 AM
We've actually had a number of folks who already have a free upgrade to LightWave [8] coming due to a recent [7.5] new seat or upgrade purchase ask about participating in the $495US offer, and we are accepting such purchases. While they do not actually need the LightWave [8] upgrade they are technically purchasing, they find that the $495US price is an incredible bargain for $1785US in state-of-the-art compositing software. Due to the terms under which we are able to bring our users this offer, we are not able to reduce the price for those who do not actually need the upgrade, but the point was to offer an incredible deal to LightWave owners on this great visual effects package that wonderfully complements LightWave 3D, and at $495US it is an amazing value.

T-Light
06-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Managed to book the upgrade today from Onevideo.net

To quote The Tin Man, it really is a bit of a 'no brainer'. I was expecting to pay about this price for the upgrade to LW 8 anyway.

Bargain :)

To get back to the first post in this thread, (aka no manuals) , has anybody tried this stuff on a pda? If your'e on the move they can really be a weight saver (One manual = one sd card) - a proper pouch and you don't have the problem of a broken laptop screen.

It's not as good as the real thing but it's the best alternative I've found.

ps A brand new twelve hundred pages of squished, squashed and exploded LW cows in print - HAS to be worth the extra cash. :cool:

Aegis
06-13-2003, 02:26 AM
Ah well - manuals or no manuals I've just ordered mine ;)

Roundpixel
06-13-2003, 03:45 AM
Hi Chuck,

just a question, is this upgrade cost and offer available for all versions of LW? Im still on 5.6

Thanks
JC

Chuck
06-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Roundpixel
Hi Chuck,

just a question, is this upgrade cost and offer available for all versions of LW? Im still on 5.6

Thanks
JC

From the press release:

"Registered owners of LightWave [7.5] and earlier versions who pre-purchase a LightWave [8] upgrade for $495US during this period will receive DFX+ immediately, at no additional charge, and will receive the LightWave [8] upgrade in electronic form when it ships later this year. Purchasers who are upgrading from LightWave [6.5] or earlier versions will also receive an electronic upgrade to [7.5] at the time of their purchase."

The Tin Man
06-15-2003, 03:08 PM
Hi

I think for most people the upgrade to LW8 and getting a free application in the process is great, that should be the 'No Brainer'!

I think it becomes a little more difficult when you are buying the application from scratch, as I am. This really boils down to cost, and I think somebody has said you can upgrade to the full version, well yes but look at the price! I think also you have to look at the modules you are given in the package and the ones you may need on top of this. I would have thought something like the Keyer and Particles would be very nice but it does add more to the price. So it is something to keep in mind, certainly in the UK at the moment we have the choice of new LW 7.5 bundes, the difference being about 500, quite a sum to put towards another composition package like Combustion which should have everything you need.

It is good to have several paths and options though into the world of Lightwave.

Chuck
06-16-2003, 08:59 AM
I'm not sure I'm following you, but if I am than I would view the situation very differently than you suggest.

You seem to be saying that buying a new copy of LightWave and getting the DFX+ bundle, does not seem to be as much a bargain as buying an upgrade to an existing license of LightWave and getting the DFX+ bundle. In both cases you are buying LightWave 3D for exactly what you would expect to pay for it, and essentially getting DFX+ and modules 1 and 4 for free. That's $1785US free in either case. And if you choose to upgrade your DFX+ to Digital Fusion, my understanding is that you would be $790US ahead on the $3995US upgrade price, since you have two of the modules already - meaning the upgrade would be $3205US.

BTW, DFX+ does include keying - the separate Keying module adds advanced keying options and capabilities.

Actually - are you saying that in Europe there are several bundles offered for a new seat of LightWave and that they are different prices? If so, can you send me the details - email would be fine if you prefer.

Chuck
06-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Doug Nicola has received his DFX+ bundle and has posted information on the features available, including chroma and luma keying:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5924

Roundpixel
06-16-2003, 11:02 AM
Damn, thats pretty good :)

:( Sad to say, i have checked, that we European users are not eligible for this offer. Damn.

Anyway, Marc from Newtek Europe has advised they are working on a similar offer. I hope DFX is included as well. LW + DF combo is a real winner.

JC

cresshead
06-16-2003, 12:52 PM
hi
just to clarify..
in the u.k only.............

www.onevideo.net

you can choose lightwave plus 5 dvd's for:
Lightwave Version 7.5 DUO Summer Special
650.00 +VAT (699.00 RRP)
763.75 inc VAT

or

lightwave plus digital fusion +
Lightwave 8 Pre Release Special NEW!
1,059.00 +VAT (1,099.00 RRP)
1,244.33 inc VAT

plus..........

upgrade from lw7 tolw 8 pre release
Lightwave 8 Pre Release Upgrade Special NEW!
340.00 +VAT (345.00 RRP)
399.50 inc VAT

steve g

cagey5
06-16-2003, 03:20 PM
That doesn't seem such a good deal to me.
The upgrade to 8 is free anyway as is the DFX in theory so why such a large price differential between the straight product and the 'pre-release' version.

That's rhetorical btw unless anyone at Newtek can answer

Roundpixel
06-17-2003, 02:24 AM
Well, its not that bad, the upgrade is actually some 75 Dollars more expensive than the US price. If you consider shipping expenses, for what need to be shipped (DFX+ i guess).

Anyway the bad thing is that im spanish, and im supposed to buy ONLY in Spain, and noone here has that offer, as they are all tied to what Newtek Europe determines. Is the UK and exception to this? Are you independent from Newtek Europe, regarding sales?

Im a bit upset as it seems we are busted again. I dont mean to claim that Newtek is ignoring my country or others, i find things are on their way, but i dont see logistic problems in what is mainly a download (and whats not a download i dont mind waiting for).

So i guess ill just have to wait and see what Newtek Europe offers, when its available.

Im just whinning a bit, you know ... ;)

JC

cagey5
06-17-2003, 07:39 AM
Well I've only found one reseller at the moment offering the DFX deal in the UK and that's OneVideo. I have seen the offer in Germany so there is some knowledge of it out there. I've dropped a mail to Newtek Europe asking about general availability so far without reply.
Now how long would it take you to drive to Germany and back? :)

Happy hunting - less than 2 weeks left.

MarkG
06-17-2003, 07:52 AM
Looks good, I'll order it tomorrow.

Now I just need to get XP on my machine so I can actually run DFX+ :).

Roundpixel
06-17-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by cagey5
Now how long would it take you to drive to Germany and back? :)

Happy hunting - less than 2 weeks left.

In my car?

Id rather re-render Titanic on a single Amiga, it would take less time :p

JC

ChrisS
06-17-2003, 08:25 AM
I've got to get in on this!
I was hoping a client would pay-up before the end of the month, but I might have to come up with plan B.

I take it the upgrades (to 7.5 etc.) are downloaded. I can't get into the FTP site from work where I have access to a high-speed connection (bad firewall setup, and getting it fixed may not be an option). Dang.

Edited to ad:
Ok, re-read the promo page. Does the 7.5 included in the package ship on CD (though sans-manuals)?

Aegis
06-17-2003, 09:22 AM
The 8 upgrade will definitely be a download but I'm not so sure about 7.5 - OneVideo and NewTek Europe both told me It'd be supplied on CD and shipped with DFX+ when they got copies of 'em both in.

I'd have rather had a download 'cause I could be using 7.5 now (stuck with LightWave Express at the moment...).

Roundpixel
06-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Well its nice that you found someone in Newtek Europe that told you about the offer. THis is what i was told:

am pleased to confirm that we are currently working on a similar offer for
Europe that should be available soon.
No similar offer that I know is available yet even in the UK.

Don't worry for the date limit this offer will take this into account.
The information will first be published on our website www.newtek-europe.com
then a mailshot will be sent to the LightWave users.
Have a nice day.
Best regards,

Marc Gaillard

JC :confused:

Aegis
06-17-2003, 05:39 PM
As mentioned above, www.onevideo.net has full details of the LW8/DFX+ offer on their website and you are free to order it now.

Price of an upgrade (inc. VAT) is 400

I was told by OneVideo that delivery of the DFX+/LW 7.5 CD could take up to four weeks though (who knows, it could be longer - NewTek Europe haven't actually got any stock in yet AFAIK).

Bytehawk
06-18-2003, 05:37 AM
indeed, they told me 4 weeks as well

btw I'm located in Belgium and had no problem ordering with them. I suppose it's like that with all EU countries.