PDA

View Full Version : how do you set subD type for a given poly?

illusory
07-30-2006, 06:57 PM
In the LW9 manual it says
"Note: The effect of the edge weighting is only visible when in weight shade mode or when CC subdivisions are turned on for the given polygons."

How can you tell if CC is turned on 'for a given polygon' ???

All I can find are command buttons for Catmull-Clark or Subpatch. But they dont' seem to do anything. If I choose some polys and press the CC button, well it just stays pressed. Even when I select other polys that have always been regular subDs.

The maual is worthless on this.

Anyone know?

thanks,
NJ

evenflcw
07-30-2006, 07:15 PM
The SubD Type commands only sets the type to be used next time you press tab. So if you wan't to turn a subpatch mesh into a cc mesh you would first activate SubDType:CC and then hit tab twice to first toggle to polygons and then back to subds (this time they will be cc). So these two commands don't do any assigning themselves, they just toggle the prefered type. Your post brings up an interesting point though. The current workflow is perhaps not the best if one would like to mix subd types.

illusory
07-31-2006, 12:34 PM
thanks for the tip. It would be really helpful to have a way to find out what you've set the polys to do, since after awhile, it's very hard to remember. Like the info when you press 'i'. I'd be lost without that...:)