PDA

View Full Version : No Tool Handles in Layout :help

sjon
07-30-2006, 05:02 PM
The picture below shows the active item and its pivot point. When I type "y," or choose it from the Modify > Rotate > Rotate menu button, the object rotates (and moves with Move), but does not display the normal three R,G, & B circles (Handles) on their respective axes (it also does not dispaly the arrows normally shown with the move tool). Is there some command or parameter I might have inadvertantly set to "off" that caused this?

When I am in the Move Tool (in Layout), I can move in any direction and am not limited to following the axis (the same for Rotation). I saw this on one of Brad Peelbler's tutes and didn't know how to set for this. I was always limited to dragging along an axis. So now I want both, so there must be a command somewhere that does this. Anybody have any clues? I have RTFM and looked throught the online help and sdid some searches on this forum before I posted this.

P.S. since this isn't a bug, I am moving it up to the discussions section.

Sjon

evenflcw
07-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Open your Display options panel and look for Show Handles checkbox. There's a command for this aswell. Default hotkey Alt+F5 toggles them on/off.

sjon
07-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Thank you, having never used that function, I didn't know that option was available. I swear I looked at open GL and somehow my eye slipped right past it. Bad eye! Evil eye! Pluck out this eye, it offends me. Okay, maybe no plucking. But no supper or watching any tv for the next month. Okay, maybe no tv.

evenflcw
07-30-2006, 11:53 PM
:)

I would think committing to toggle this function on and off 999 times in a row would be both fair and instructive. You'll never forget about it, but wish it never existed.

theartguy
11-09-2006, 01:26 PM
I was looking for the same problem - my handles for stretch, move, and stretch are not visible, even though the handles are visible for the three rotation directions (HBP). "The Display Options>Show Handles" option is checked. When it is deselected the handles for rotation disappear. Any suggestions?