PDA

View Full Version : Letter of Introduction

jgutmann
07-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Letter of Introduction

Hello everyone,

My name is John W. Gutmann, and I am new to the Lightwave community, greetings to all.

I am a very familiar with Video Editing software, Adobe Premiere Pro 6.5, 1.5.
and I have loaded and just begun to test out Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

Recently I purchased Lightwave 7.5 and just yesterday downloaded Lightwave V9

I joined this community, seeking your help in meeting others in the Atlanta GA area, who are using Lightwave animation software. If I could find some users to chat with over the phone, that would be great. If you also have Poser 6, that would be even most excellent.

My passion is in Video, and I use my own Mini-DV PD-150 and PD170 video cameras and equipment.

My interest is in short video animations that would be used in my video productions. Since 1998 I have produced several 30 minute Cable TV shows;
"Technology4You", "Financial Independence", and "Caught In Clapper"

"T4U" was a 24 show weekly live series lasting 28:30, "FI" was a 6 month Live-On-Tape series, that aired monthly, and "CIC" was 24+ series that is still airing on Cable TV here in Atlanta.

So, I strong video productions skills, but I am very new to Computer Animation. On this learning curve, I am at the low end. However I have very good PC computer maintenance and operations skills.

I also like Technical Direction or TD work, for 30 minute live or live-on-tape productions. Here a few of the shows I have TD'd on:

"Tech Support", Caribbean Report", "Victory over Violence", "Jim Dean Journal", "Dixie Rising", "Asian Visions", "Dekalb Schools Today",
"Atlanta Jazz and Blues", "Hip Hop Battle League".

I would like to mix, merge, intersperse, whatever, live-on-tape video productions with Computer animations.

Looking for Atlanta GA Lightwave users

If any of this interests you, please contact me here on the forum.

Thanking you in advance for your help with lightwave animation.

John W. Gutmann

Skinner3D
07-29-2006, 08:22 PM
:thumbsup: In other words if you have a chance to do compositing you will most definately take it.:D

Welcome to the community, I hope Lightwave greatly inhances your videos:)