PDA

View Full Version : College Courses or jobs

tokuda
07-29-2006, 02:45 PM
I really like 3-d art making. The only problem is my abilities to make still may be great, but I haven't much for animating, like everyone seems to want. I wanted to get an official education in 3-d animation or artistry so I can make a career out of it. Are there any online colleges that offer degrees toward those catagories?

(Would be nice if lightwave was what they taught of course, and not Maya so I have to buy a new program. Sure it will be expensive enough.)

For the moment, does anyone know how to get a job in this field without a degree? Not expecting something big, I just want to get a job I enjoy a little while I train for something real.

newtekker04
07-29-2006, 04:49 PM
If you haven't all ready, take a look at this thread (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54578). It should answer a few of your questions.:)

SplineGod
07-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Just getting good at it is more inportant then having an 'official' education in it. Again focus on getting good at it rather then stressing the degree. Thats what a demo reel is for or even better, having someone already working at a studio recommending you. In the many years Ive been in this business Ive never been asked to show a degree or proof of formal training. :)