PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush Issues?

petrockproducti
07-29-2006, 04:21 AM
Has anybody else had any issues with ZBrush integration, or more specifically getting APS to work. I, for the life of me can't get it to work. Everything is set up like in the videos. Any rules of thumb? Image formats that displacement doesn't like? I apologize for my vagueness, but I can write more if I need to once I get some sleep.

messiah
07-29-2006, 07:08 AM
most issues with APS comes down to two things:
Evaluation order: you set up APS to depend on sometihng that isnt evaluated yet(Motion seem to be the biggest culprit), in other words if APS depends on something make sure Subdivision is evaluated after(motion for instance handles all motion within LW so if APS depends on another object that moves or have been moved a good bet is to place subdivision after motion).
Settings handled differently than expected: both Per Object and Per Polygon have a positive scale(1 is lower than 10) while Pixels per Polygon have a negative scale(10 is lower than 1).

as for general Zbrush intergration one common problem is not turning off mipmapping, this throws off displacment quite a bit.

Making sure the image you load show up correctly in LW, there are still a few Savers out there that LW doesnt handle all that well(for Tiff that would be highbit RGB images).

Finaly making sure the UVs line up correctly is another thing to look out for otherwise you might see some seems here and there.