PDA

View Full Version : Sasq Lite & Transparency

06-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Ok, I give in.
Has anyone found a way to stop their characters going bald behind transparent surfaces - other than compositing ?

Exper
06-04-2003, 10:53 AM
Don't use "SasLite" and buy Sasquatch; as far as I know it renders correctly.

SasLite is, in my own opinion, a "bad reduced old version" of Sasquatch; :(
I never tried the full one, but you can understand it taking a look at Worley site.

Bye

06-05-2003, 04:40 AM
'Just Buy' - did you look at the price list ?

TyVole
06-05-2003, 06:57 AM
You have to understand that standard reply to any problem with Sas Lite -- regardless what the problem is -- is to buy the full version. Don't listen. I don't know the answer to your particular problem, but I've been able to find workarounds to the problems I've had; and if you're a little creative, you'll find a solution as well.

Exper
06-05-2003, 07:00 AM
:(
There's no way to render through transparent surfaces, as far as I know, using SasLite directly.
You may try using Composition technique; but I think the result will not really good (sorry never tried)!

Bye.

hrgiger
06-05-2003, 07:12 AM
The full version of Sas doesn't either, at least not by default. You have to set a refraction value and have raytrace refractions on, even though Sasquatch will not refract through glass. You also have to raise the Max Transparency level. I don't know if Saslite has anything like that at all. If not, you would have to find some way to composite the hair.