PDA

View Full Version : commercial

Qslugs
07-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Got a question. I saw a commercial for one of the many diploma mills the other day. I noticed that there was a sequence in their commercial that I am fairly certain was the humvee animation that came at one point on the LW discs. Anyone else catch this?

loki74
07-28-2006, 05:09 PM
Well I prolly haven't been using LW long enough that I would know about this, but you have piqued my interest... do you have any more details on the commercial/dimploma mill? I kinda wanna see this, lol.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised at all... cheap commercials are notorious for using stock footage. I've seen instances where two completely unrelated companies selling two entirely different things would have the SAME EXACT piece of stock footage in thier commercial... not to mention poorly composited glow effects and... okay I'll stop rambling. At any rate, I wouldn't be surprised if someone got their hands on the footage you speak of and assumed that it royalty free stock... ha.

Qslugs
08-01-2006, 11:25 AM
From what I can remember it was one of the academy of art/institute of art commercials. I cant remember which one exactly. To me they are all the same, diploma mills. I am almost 100 percent sure that what they had in their commercial was a demo scene on one of the LW install discs from previous versions. If I see it again I will try and remember to post what school it was for.