PDA

View Full Version : Complete mountain terrain scenes to build from

JReble
07-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Hi all,

I do most of my work with VT for video production. While I'm moderately adept at Lightwave modeling, I find I often have little time to devote to it since I've got so much video post to do.

Question: Can anyone help me locate a couple key assets for LW use that I've been trying to track down for some time. In particular, what I ultimately need is a fairly realistic reference scene of a mountain terrain with trees and perhaps a road or two. This scene needs to be similar to the tree covered Blue Ridge Mountains in my area and have objects included for the various elements. I'm not looking for a complete town or development rendering to any particular specifications. I just need those basic elements with which I can get a jumpstart on a variety of projects involving our local terrain. That would allow me enough material to customize and add to for a variety of projects I have. Kind of like a complete mountain town with accessories like buildings, action figures, etc. sold separately. I'll add that stuff.

My problem has been that finding realistic looking terrains like our area is difficult at best. Most are typical of the Rockies or deserts. I've seen a few people's work that is very similar to what I need to start from. Cholo had a nice rendering with a car driving through this kind of area, and I've seen a number of stills for architectural rendering that looked very appropriate as well. Can anybody fix me up with a complete scene like this that I can then build off of. I'm happy to pay for the models, scene and such. Something that's been on the virtual shelf for some time would be fine if it's similar to what I need. I just can't find anyone who has what I'm looking for and is willing to offer it up. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

JReble
07-31-2006, 07:25 AM
So I'll take that as nobody has made these kind of scenes, or nobody has any of these kind of scenes for sale.

Again, a perfect opportunity for Newtek or third party developers to make something like this available. Grrr.

T-Light
07-31-2006, 07:43 AM
Take it you didn't make use of the upgrade to 9 with the Vue 5 deal?

I haven't used it myself yet, but as far as I'm aware that would be able to accomplish what you need. Unfortunately, most people's focus is on Siggy at the minute, I'd give it a few more days for some answers :)

SP00
07-31-2006, 02:56 PM
I've done this in Vue 5. It only takes a few clicks. Just create a random terrain. Then texture it with the town texture that will also dump some simple model towns with road into you terrain. Of course if you want to do something more specific, you got to learn the program.

the only program is that you probably won't be able to transfer all that detail into Lightwave unless you invest in Xstream. Those E-on guys!