PDA

View Full Version : NT at SIGGRAPH... streaming video?

Cageman
07-26-2006, 06:06 AM
Hi!

I just wonder if NT will keep the tradition of streaming live-video from the booth? I live in Sweden and it would be great if there were some kind of LIVE-videos to check out!

GCL
07-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Hi!

I just wonder if NT will keep the tradition of streaming live-video from the booth? I live in Sweden and it would be great if there were some kind of LIVE-videos to check out!

As per Kurtis:

Re: Newtek streaming from Siggraph ??
No. This year's show will not have any interviews, which is the main reason we streamed in the past. The main stage presentation will be straight product demos rotating between LightWave v9, SpeedEDIT, and 3D Arsenal. We will be recording one of each demo and posting them to the website though.

cresshead
07-26-2006, 01:47 PM
that's a shame...i REALLY looked forward to the newtek steeams as they were fun and very informative.made newetek look pretty darn cool too...as they used their video products to showcase their 3d apps...sorta rounded out just how cool newtek looks in comparison to autodesk which has yet to have a live ANYTHING....anywhere...i remember the aura demo's too..they kicked A** just as much as the lightwave, 3d arsenal and uber super speed edit ones!

amigo
07-26-2006, 05:34 PM
what a disappointment, i was looking forward to the live stream that became a tradition now, when all the other 3d companies did not stream live (or at all) NT did.

NT are we cutting costs here or something? it's only for three days even, you are going to leave 1000s of people "dry" this year, shame...

Cageman
07-27-2006, 03:15 AM
Would be cool if NT would shoot all presentations each day. In the end of a day, they use SpeedEdit to edit a 20 - 30 minute "summary" of the day, and pick out at least a couple of demonstrations which are then put on NewTek TV.

With SpeedEdit, this shouldn't be hard, right? ;)