PDA

View Full Version : About fire

DiedonD
07-26-2006, 05:30 AM
Hi guys, wasnt around latelly I know, been bussy

Im currently looking at making text of fire. I have the Fire & Smoke plugin, that a friend gave it to me. I do have emitters flying around like fire. But I cant seem to transform that into fire with hypervoxels, and I did checked the " Show LW particles" checkbox. SO how do I transform the flying emiter points into fire?

On the other hand, this seems like its going to burn the text instead of the whole text being made from fire. Do you know of a free plugin that could make animated text of fire?

Thanks

Skinner3D
07-26-2006, 06:08 AM
:stumped: Did you activate the hypervoxels in the volumetrics tab ctrl+F6?
In this tab you have to add a HV object and then you open the properties and double click on the object that has the emitter.
I don't know if this helps. You may have already know this.:)

DiedonD
07-26-2006, 06:33 AM
Skinner3D: Ill use this post also to mention that I truly like your signature. Its halaraious really :)

As for your response, yes that did the work strangely. What Im surprized is that it said that it has its own hypervoxels, so I was looking to activate that somewhere there in the plugin instead.

But, after it did work, I no longer consider it a helpful plugin. Of course I only changed the color to yellow so far, and I could do a tweak here and there. But as I assumed, the 3d letters are burning, instead of the whole letter being made of fire.

And there was this new plugin that had very good photorealistic results, I cant find it anywhere for some reason. Maybe the trial version would do the trick, cause its only Text objects.

Any plugins out there that make 3d text of fire?

Maxx
07-26-2006, 07:17 AM
Have you tried subdividing the letters a couple times, then using the letter object vertices as particle emitters in Layout? Apply hypervoxels, turn off visibility to the actual letters, and should at least give you a decent starting point. Says he who hasn't actually tried it yet and is going on 2 hours sleep...

DiedonD
07-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Neverko - Yes, that one :) Thanks

Maxx - I did that, and Im am using sprite yellow on them. But its not real enough. And I dont have control when the emitter emitts and when doesnt. And it even emits while the text hasnt moved there yet. Kida theres fire but nothing is burning there yet. And sometimes there is fire sometimes there isnt. I quit on Fire & Smoke.

Dynamite should do the trick though. Good thing theres a Dynamite lite free version. Just like Saslite.

Ive added the plugins. Now where do I find it LW so as I can try the free lite version?