PDA

View Full Version : The dentist

WiskyPapa
06-04-2003, 05:59 AM
Hi this is a picture of two Dentist objects.
What else can i say =)
i tryed on photo realisem.

Carbon71
06-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Looks photo real to me. Nice job! I love the table and wall textures. Tell me how you lit it? HDRI for ambient and reflection? 2 area lights (i see their shadows)?

My only crits are that the shadows are a little grainy (you use shadow noise reduction?) and that you ought to use just one shadow. Also maybe break of the shiney metal surfaces with some light dirt, scuffs or finger prints.

Looks terific IMHO.

WiskyPapa
06-04-2003, 04:29 PM
Thank's for the replay!
Now i have reduced the "shadow noise." But do you have an idea on how i can add som "dirt" to the objects? fingerprints etc?
i haven't been working in LW for more than a year u know :) hehe
"slow learner" =)

WiskyPapa
06-05-2003, 01:55 AM
Well iv tryed to add some "noise" to it. well here it is!

Carbon71
06-05-2003, 08:17 AM
hmmm. What channel did you add some noise to? Diffuse or color? We need some good tutorials on adding smudges/dirt/grime maps that we put into our diffuse and specularity channels.
See my toaster here is too "perfect". I need some imperfections on those surfaces too:
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4790

If you get a login and pass (its free). There is some great stuff at dvgarage.com especially on adding the imperfections that we need. There are also some grudge textures like number 14 and 24.
http://www.dvgarage.com/garage/break/lab/lab.php

Let me know if you find any good tuts of this kind of stuff. I need to learn more myself.

RAZ
06-05-2003, 09:09 AM
If it wasn't for the fact I was looking at 3D work I'd have passed it off as a photo, even then I thought it was your source photo to start with.

WiskyPapa
06-05-2003, 12:28 PM
Thank you!! im glad you think so! i relay dont know what else i can do to make it better =) so i think i am done whit it, if no one have more to comment. =) but if you have please do!

Hurben
06-05-2003, 02:30 PM
Depth of Field would do it for me.. :)

WiskyPapa
06-05-2003, 04:29 PM
i just tryed and played around :) and i found out of it by my slef.
i added a imagine map on the bump and a imagine mao in the colour map. i sat the bump down to 60% or so, and that was that.

WiskyPapa
06-05-2003, 04:34 PM
oh i forgot, i just added some dof to the scene.dont know what else to say :D

Hurben
06-06-2003, 01:02 AM
mmm nice..

Now up your subpatch level on the tool on the right (I can see some polys) and up you're antialiasing too..

... then it will be sweet :)

RAZ
06-06-2003, 02:01 AM
Actually made a trip to the dentist yesterday. Now I don't know about your surgery but mine has blood splashed all over the tiles and there was a mini-hacksaw and a set of freshly pulled teeth on the tray :D . Just a few ideas for your next scene. If your ever in my neck of the woods check my surgery out...just ask for ZELL.

WiskyPapa
06-06-2003, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the idea!
here is a update i have higher the antialias level and the subdevide level or what it is called :)
anyway, here it is

riki
06-06-2003, 07:22 AM
It looks good but I think the composition looks a bit odd. I'd try some different camera angles just to compare.

lone
06-06-2003, 05:18 PM
i like it - your stainless steel is dead on.

WiskyPapa
06-07-2003, 01:50 AM
Thankyou so much for the reply's!! i am going to try some new camera angles.
But i think i am satisfied whit the surfaces :)
it will come updates whit new angles soon.

toby
06-07-2003, 01:20 PM
adding dirt -

LW's new Surface Mixer kicks *** at this - put an extra poly in the scene with the surface name "Dirt", color it like dirt (brown/grey,no spec) go to the "steel" surface and apply surface mixer under the shaders tab, select the dirt surface, and apply a texture

the old way you would have to apply your dirt texture to all the channels of the steel textures that are diifferent: color,diffuse,spec,reflection - with the right blend modes and tweak the values, for every layer of dirt. If you wanted to tweak the position of the dirt texture you'd have to match all the other channels to it - Royal pain -

For fingerprints you'll have to get an image of fingerprints.

WiskyPapa
06-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Hi.here is a new update,
A new camera angle.radiosity render. and some teeth. =) C&C please.

toby
06-11-2003, 01:12 PM
way better!

still waiting for the splashes of blood tho :^D

WiskyPapa
06-11-2003, 01:30 PM
Thank's! i am working on the blood thing. =)

RAZ
06-12-2003, 02:51 AM
Thats my boy, now the scene is understandable without the dentist title :). To further the project I'd model a tray of different drill heads and maybe a pair of pliers for the pulled teeth. Oh....and a nasty looking syringe with hooped metal finger rings. God the dentist sure is a house of pain...hey...not a bad title "House of Pain"...muhahahahahaaaaaaaar

WiskyPapa
06-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Hi thanks for the replays:) House of pain indeed!! i hate the dentist! :)
Any ideas on how i can solve the blod problem...im having problems whit that...How am i going to solve this? Any tutorials?

WiskyPapa
06-18-2003, 10:58 PM
Hi all! here is a new update of my Dentist consept.
Its been a wild, but anyway.
Here it is.
C&C please :D

hyzwxm
06-19-2003, 05:05 AM
If possible,I'd like to know which application the author use to make the primitive model.

Zarathustra
06-19-2003, 08:48 AM
Turn up the subd on the bowl.
Put blood stains in the bowl (and maybe elsewhere)
It seems a bit dark to me.
If there are teeth extracted, where's the extracting intrument?

Surfacing's pretty good, except for the piece of cotton swab.

There are issues with 7.5c not working with things like ACS4, so I guess I'll have to wait for things like surface mixer.

WiskyPapa
06-25-2003, 05:21 AM
Hi im back again :D And her is a update on my picture.
:) Thanks for all the replays on my pictures.

toby
06-25-2003, 05:29 AM
aaaaccckk!!!
I love it!
Better now that the teeth are scattered instead of neatly placed.

If you wanted to get real nitpicky, you could roughen-up or dirty the metal plate a little

the new table texture is nice too

WiskyPapa
06-25-2003, 05:41 AM
Hey thanks for the fast reply! :D ill try to roughen the metal :)

Zarathustra
06-25-2003, 01:46 PM
Extractor?

The lines across the bowl surface are troublesome.

The roots of the teeth (part below the gumline) would be a different color.

No blood on the instruments or teeth.

I don't think all the blood would be raised - I think you could apply blood as a texture to things as opposed to making it all physical objects.

You're sooooooo close now.

WiskyPapa
06-26-2003, 05:48 PM
Hi! thanks for all the replys! :D
Her is a new update. hope you like it!

garg
06-27-2003, 06:43 AM
Now your image have some "mood"... but I will never go to that dentist :-)

Alain Bertrand

[hjd_uk]
06-30-2003, 06:46 AM
"Is it safe?"

marvin
07-01-2003, 12:27 PM
That kicks ***. I loved seeing the progression. The final is my style of imaging and I really like it. My only slight suggestion would be to make the teeth a little brown in some areas (that's why they were taken out). Even if you don't change it, it's awesome. The teeth could've been yanked out being perfectly fine by this guy.

I think that's my dentist by the way.

marvin

toby
07-01-2003, 05:08 PM
maybe I like this one beacause my Dad's a dentist - should I show it to him?

1 more picky thing if you feel like doing more - the plate's kinda clean where the blood hasn't touched it, and some blood smears as dark and drying using maps as Zara suggested - right now it's either real clean or covered by the blood - some in-between stuff would make it "gel"