PDA

View Full Version : Oh endomorphs

lilrayray77
07-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi all, I may have asked a similar question a while back, but I could not find the thread. Anyway I am working on a small personal project that, I beleive, requires endomorphs, or something of its kind. What I would like to happen is have a globe morph/change into text. I thought I would try using endo morphs to do this, but it seems as if endomorphs only allow you to tweak points and not create new mesh. Is this true? If so How else may I go about this problem. Thank you for any help.

Celshader
07-25-2006, 08:14 PM
What I would like to happen is have a globe morph/change into text.

I have a crazy idea: point cloud, endomorph + HyperVoxels.

In Modeler, use the Random Points tool to generate a block of points. Then use Points2Polys to convert that block into 1-point polygons. Because it is now made of polygons, it can be booleaned.

Create extruded text in another layer. Use this text as a Boolean cutting tool on the block of points, so that you have a point cloud in the shape of your text. Type "k" to kill the polygons on this point cloud.

Now, create an Endomorph called "spherical." Run Spherize to turn the text-shaped points into a sphere. Now you have text-shaped points that'll turn into a sphere.

Load the object into Layout, and apply surface-type HyperVoxels to it. Animate the endomorph. If you have enough points/HyperVoxels, it might work. The HyperVoxels will morph from a text shape into a sphere shape.

lilrayray77
07-26-2006, 07:42 AM
Ill try that, but I used the kill command on a different attempt and it didnt work. I know I have seen something like this done, but I forget where. Anyway thankyou for the help.