PDA

View Full Version : LW doesn't update after image updated

spec24
07-25-2006, 07:59 PM
I've only tried this with tif's but while the image itself appears to update, when I go into surfaces the layer name, which usually has the image as the name, remains the same, as well as the little thumbnail and the name of the image above the little thumbnail. This type of bug occured during 7 and 8 and it's disturbing to see the same ol' bugs like this pop up in "new" code.

Nicolas Jordan
07-25-2006, 09:25 PM
THis has always been the case for me. I always have to delete the image in the image editor and reload it. It is definitely a pain. Some files like PSD might auto update. Havent tried them in Lightwave before though. I always use jpeg or tga.

UnCommonGrafx
07-25-2006, 10:31 PM
None of them update. Or have, ever, iirc. It's always been a manual update or through some of the clever scripts that brighter-than-I folk offer up. Colin Cohen and his Autoview plug-in comes to mind.
With this script, you can target any of the images in your scene to auto-update as you are working on the image in ps, eg. There's also Blochi's tools that hit all of your images with just a click. (I think it's Blochi's. ;) )

spec24
07-26-2006, 07:56 PM
None of them update. Or have, ever, iirc. It's always been a manual update or through some of the clever scripts that brighter-than-I folk offer up. Colin Cohen and his Autoview plug-in comes to mind.
With this script, you can target any of the images in your scene to auto-update as you are working on the image in ps, eg. There's also Blochi's tools that hit all of your images with just a click. (I think it's Blochi's. ;) )

Not sure you understand UnCommon (or maybe you do). I know you have to update them manually, I'm talking about after you have updated them in the image editor the surface attributes don't respond correctly.

UnCommonGrafx
07-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Correct, I didn't understand.

So "Replace image" is mucking with the settings in the Surface Editor is what you are saying? I haven't been in the SE lately so I can't confirm. I'll check that now that I know better. ;)

spec24
07-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Correct, I didn't understand.

So "Replace image" is mucking with the settings in the Surface Editor is what you are saying? I haven't been in the SE lately so I can't confirm. I'll check that now that I know better. ;)

That's right. I've had the problem for a while (even b4 LW9). It is possible it's just a tif issue as that is what I use most of the time. I will have to check it myself. Has anyone else noticed this?