PDA

View Full Version : modeler freezing

Leprechaun
07-25-2006, 07:33 PM
for some reason my modeler will randomly just freeze. Im not doing anything that would make my computer run slow or anything. It just freezes. especially if i leave it idle for a few minutes. Does anyone else have a problem like this?

mkiii
07-25-2006, 08:46 PM
for some reason my modeler will randomly just freeze. Im not doing anything that would make my computer run slow or anything. It just freezes. especially if i leave it idle for a few minutes. Does anyone else have a problem like this?

Yes. Exactly the same here (up until a few days ago)

I strongly suspect the latest dongle drivers. Since I upgraded & swapped to a USB dongle I have been having some problems with 8.5 & 9.0b & release.

I alleviated the majority of the freezing by reverting to the previous drivers (7.2x). I have no proof of this, but it can't hurt to give it a go.

You might also want to shut down everything else (including processes) that might interfere with LW such as anti-virus, firewalls & any other resource hogs such as bitstream clients / servers.

Silkrooster
07-25-2006, 10:19 PM
In one of the other threads we discovered that windows firewall services can interfere with lightwave. By stopping the service, Lightwave returns to normal.
Hope thats your problem.:hey:
Edit: So far it effect ver. 9 have not seen any thing for 8 yet, other than the normal firewall issue.
Silk

F1Racer
07-26-2006, 02:29 AM
You might also want to shut down everything else (including processes) that might interfere with LW such as anti-virus, firewalls & any other resource hogs such as bitstream clients / servers.

Unless you are disconnected from the internet or at the minimum, behind a router, this is NOT good advice.
No way I`d allow my system to be compromised by turning off the security just to make LW9 run as it should.

I'm back on LW8.3 now and compared to 9 its steady as a rock.
Modelers random CTD's and the failure of the hub to keep LW stable in V9 isnt nice.