PDA

View Full Version : Occlusion with texture

nmh
07-25-2006, 12:40 PM
How can I combine occlusion shader combine with color/texture?
When I plug it into Diffuse Shading an object is only in white colour.
I don't want to have shadows or any other diffusion shader and I don't want to bake occlusion map (for some reasons).
When I plug it into Luminosity channel it is not as bright as when it is pluged in diffuse shading.
What are the other possibilities?
(just mixing texture and occlusion shader with Add is not a goo idea ;) )

Pomfried
07-25-2006, 01:57 PM
There should be several ways to achieve this result but one solution is the following:

1) Create one occlusion node, the image or procedural node you want to use as a texture and a gradient node
2) Open up the gradient properties, create one additional key at position 1.0 and check "Show output" for it (the other key at 0.0 can be any color you want, but black is recommended for occlusion ;))
3) Now plug the occlusion node's output into the "Input" connector of the gradient, and the color output of your texture node into the color connector of the key at position 1.0 of your gradient (see screenshot)
4) Connect the gradient's color output to "Diffuse Shading" and you should be done :)

jameswillmott
07-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Yes, thats one way. Another would be to use a Mixer node, and plug Occlusion into the Opacity input.

tygryss
07-25-2006, 05:02 PM
mixer node I think isn't a good choice
but u can use example Lambert diff. shader.

Karmacop
07-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Yes, thats one way. Another would be to use a Mixer node, and plug Occlusion into the Opacity input.
I agree, the mixer node would be simpler (and probably faster) for something simple like this. Onlt use a greadient node if you want to use multiple keys or map values.

duke
07-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Another option is to pipe the occlusion node into the brightness of a colortool and your main texture in the color :)

nmh
07-26-2006, 12:09 AM
uuuuuuuuu
thank you
i will try it