PDA

View Full Version : Very nice metel surface!

goakes
07-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Hello All.

In the LW9 content there is a scene under (Lighting/antque microphones).
The mics have a very nice metel surface. I have copied the surface onto other primitive objects in the same scene just to play with and test, but
it does not render the same on the new mesh.:thumbsdow The surface uses a BRDF shader, mayby the trouble is there, but the shader does appear to match the original. There is a couple of post processing settings but they seem to have nothing to do with the problem. This is such a nice surface
I would like to get it working as on the original mesh. Any Ideas! The
scene loads easy with no probs. Can someone give it a try.
Thanks Gary.

harlan
07-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey bro,

Surfacing won't work the same on all objects for a variety of reasons. You can get them to look the same through tweaking, but a simple copy/paste operation won't yield identical results - although it's a good starting point.

Take a peak at the surface parameters of the microphones and see how it compares to your object (ie: size, placement, lighting, yadda yadda yadda). See if there's anything specific to the microphone scene that doesn't exist in your scene (ie: a reference to a specific light, etc...)

I haven't played with the microphone scene to know what it consists of, but more than likely with some tweaking, you'll be able to get the metal surface to look similar. PS - Save the surface as a Preset, and then tweak all you want as you'll be able to easily switch back to the original with the Preset Shelf.