PDA

View Full Version : Layout Windows Error on Close

csquared63
07-24-2006, 08:16 PM
lightwav.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyone else seeing this regularly when quitting layout?

I realize everyone's system is different, but it's starting to get annoying. I save my object, then the scene. Quit- are you sure? Yes. Error.

Just for the record, Dual Xeon 3.2 GHz with 2 Gigs of RAM and NVidia Quadro FX 3400 on a Dell 670 workstation.

-Carl

SaT
07-25-2006, 08:35 AM
Yes, sometimes I have the same problem. It happened with 8.5, too. But what is even more worse is the fact that LightWave 9.0 seems to be a lot more unstable than 8.5. Both modeler and layout crash at different situations. Sometimes it happens, when I save all objects from layout, another time it crashes, when I close an object in modeler (without saving) and so on. I am using LightWave as professional, so this is a little bit annoying. I hope NewTek will fix this in the future, what ever it is.:(

KevinL
07-25-2006, 10:47 AM
I have had this as an ongoing prob in the beta cycle and on out. It is less often now than in the beta cycle, but still there. What I have been doing is capturing the text from the win xp error report and noting what activity was proximate to the event. When I have enough instances to observe a pattern I am going to forward to newtek.

In my config I am running everything to the mapped drives (all startup shortcuts, plugins, etc) to keep screamernet functionality happening. I am trying to see if drive mapped Lightwave is a causitive agent. I also have 2 shortcuts, one to startup normal and one to start sans hub. This is just to see if there is a difference.

So far, I am manging to work fairly smoothly on the current project, but it isn't all that demanding in terms of 3D tricks.

Maybe if enough data on crash cycles get's to newtek they can call the problem by it's right name :)

I poke at pixels, sometimes they poke back.
Kevin