PDA

View Full Version : wireframe colours change?

Rayek
07-24-2006, 01:35 PM
I've set up the perspective view in Modeller to use 'textured wire'. This works very well, but I've got one question I cannot seem to find any info about in the manuals:

What rules does Modeller apply to the colours of the wireframe used? For example, I have two models loaded, and each seems to use arbitrary wireframe colouring. If I clone an object, the colour of the wireframe sometimes changes, sometimes it does not.

I don't really mind, but am very curious as to why at one time certain colours are used and at other times the colours just seem to change.

Anyone?

gerry_g
07-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Do you mean like when you select all or part of an object and hit 'i' to give the wire a custom colour so it shows that colour in textured wire, but then you change some geometry or make a cut or something and low an behold the new geometry is back to the default because in Lightwaves eyes this is new geometry and not part of the original selection and therefore does not share that colour until you add it manualy

Rayek
07-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Well, I know it's possible to change the wireframe colours, but I'd like to know why in certain circumstances colours seem to change. For example, I loaded a second object and a most objects got yellow wireframes... which I didn't set during modelling. In the case of cloning I can relate to this behavior, but at times it seems very random in choosing colours.

gerry_g
07-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Well that's probably it, I've loaded old object into new scenes and their wire colour is different because they've retained the wire colour that I gave them when I modeled them originally. There are only three ways to change wire colours and they are

ONE by hitting 'd' and selecting the default colour to be used for all meshes ( of course you have to quit an re launch to make it take affect )

TWO selecting a mesh and hitting 'i' to give it a custom colour

THREE use the 'sketch colour tab (Modeler>Menue>detail>polygons) to change it on the fly, if you are runnin LW_9

Rayek
07-25-2006, 04:23 AM
Okay, thanks!

But still the same thing... even though the wireframe colours weren't set by me, the colour of many parts in that one object changed to yellow. I'm absolutely certain they weren't yellow at the time I modelled it. And I didn't use one of the three methods you mentioned to change them.

Strange, isn't it? I have to admit I modelled some objects in early v9 beta's of lightwave. Perhaps that's the problem.