PDA

View Full Version : Newb Camera Question ...

aidanodr
07-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a simple scene - it includes a mansion and a ground plane [ a flat cube ]. The ground plane is nice and big. I send this scene to Layout - I move the light into the second floor of the Mansion, also move the camera into a corner of the second floor. I now press F9 to render. All is fine. I close the Render Windows but now find my scene zoomed out to the full size of the Ground Plane and my Camera and one point light now HUGH. The scene is so zoomed out I can barely see the mansion in the middle.

Any ideas why this is so?

I just closed both modeller and layout. Reloaded modeller, loaded the scene - sent it to Layout. Now the scene is zoomed to the extent of the ground plane - the camera and light are hugh. Heres a pic of the Layout Scene:

http://www.tidalsound.com/3dstuff/camera1.jpg

Proportionally the Building is more or less correct - metre wise - to a realworld building. The camera and light physical sizes appear to be dictated by the largest object in the scene.

This may be a dumb thing to some of ye, but go easy on me - Im a relative newb,

Cheers
Aidan

cagey5
07-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Once you've moved your camera to the correct position, make a keyframe. You can also use the square bracket [] keys to alter the grid and therefore camera size.

And once you have it as you want, save and load it direct in Layout otherwise you'll keep having this problem.

aidanodr
07-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi Cagey5,

Cheers for that. It worked. Is this not a very odd type thing to happen though. Coming from other 3D apps [ Realsoft 3D, Truespace etc ] it seems strange. Am I right that the Camera will default itself in relation to the biggest object in the scene?

Thanks
Aidan

cagey5
07-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Yep. Used to drive me mad too. I'd load my carefully modelled object, set my camera into the desired place. Load a huge plane as a background and BAM, ... where's my model gone.
But once you get used to it, it's second nature.