PDA

View Full Version : OSX System Crash

jakef23
07-24-2006, 12:24 PM
I had a fatal system crash the other day and had to re-install OS 10.4.7. Consequently, much of my software no longer works and I am in the process of re-loading everything. LW 8.5 is one of the programs that was affected. Upon launching LW or Modeler I get a warning screen that reads, "Unable to locate Eve3.framework." See pic. Interestingly, Hub still opens.

My question is, aside from the obvious LW Application Folder, what else if anything do I have to toss in the trash before I do a fresh install? Or is there a way to get LW and Modeler to recognize the Eve folder that is still present in the LW folder?

Thanks in advance!

Chilton
07-24-2006, 12:28 PM
I had a fatal system crash the other day and had to re-install OS 10.4.7. Consequently, much of my software no longer works and I am in the process of re-loading everything. LW 8.5 is one of the programs that was affected. Upon launching LW or Modeler I get a warning screen that reads, "Unable to locate Eve3.framework." See pic. Interestingly, Hub still opens.

My question is, aside from the obvious LW Application Folder, what else if anything do I have to toss in the trash before I do a fresh install? Or is there a way to get LW and Modeler to recognize the Eve folder that is still present in the LW folder?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Jake,

Eve3 needs to go in the /Library/Frameworks/ folder. If you have your DMG files, run the Eve3 installer.

-Chilton

jakef23
07-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Chilton

Thanks much for you response. While I was waiting I looked at the NewTek FAQ's and found this:

"When I try to Start LightWave or Modeler it bounces in the dock? And I tried running the EVE3 2.3.0.dmg again and it still does not work?

Check two locations on your hard drive.

One is the Hard Drive:Library:Frameworks: Make sure there is a Eve3 Frameworks folder here.

The second location is Hard Drive:System:Library:Frameworks:

Make sure there is a Eve3 Frameworks folder here. Most commonly the folder is not in the second location under the Hard Drive:System:Library:Frameworks:.

If this is the case then you will want to copy it from the first location into Hard Drive:System:Library:Frameworks:.

Then restart the system."

I dragged the Eve folder out of the old system Library:Frameworks folder into the new one. Worked like a charm. I didn't even have to re-boot.

Is there any thing I need to worry about by using the old Eve files? Or am I good to go?

Thanks again!