PDA

View Full Version : edge bevel problem

u8myshorts
07-24-2006, 12:03 PM
simple problem...i select an edge or points, the hit edge bevel, i adjust the bevel then hit return and i get: no bevel

jameswillmott
07-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Works fine here.

Bytehawk
07-24-2006, 05:36 PM
what happens when you press the spacebar ?

mkiii
07-25-2006, 03:41 AM
simple problem...i select an edge or points, the hit edge bevel, i adjust the bevel then hit return and i get: no bevel

That (for some reason) doesn't work. Neither does pressing the spacebar - on PC at least.

You need to Right Click to fix the bevel. Gawd knows what Mac users have to do.

VirtualFM
07-25-2006, 07:37 AM
Guess you are in "Preview Mode". In preview mode you press the RMB to make the bevel.

Press "n" to get the numeric panel, then switch off the "Preview Mode". Now the enter or Spacebar will make the bevel.

zatara
07-25-2006, 09:21 AM
I just press the right mouse button, and press enter, and works nice.

oDDity
07-25-2006, 09:34 AM
AS someone who hasn't yet upgraded to 9, how is edge bevel better than point extender or bandsaw pro or add edges?
And edges in general, there are already so many pesudo-edge tools in Lightwave which I've become proficient with, I can't imagine 'real' edges will make much difference. You can already weight points as well.

colkai
07-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Edge bevel will, well, bevel an edge. :p
I am pretty sure there is a LW8.5 tool that does this if you currently select points. Anyhoo, select a couple of edges, using the tool, it will create new edges around the selected ones. There is actually a video for this at
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/videos.php
check out the one for edges and the one for edge weighting.
James Willmott has also already created a neat edge pack which adds functionality.

mkiii
07-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Yes it is in 8.5, but you have to select the edge or edges using just vertices or polygons.